CHAPTER 4: THE END... OR IS IT?

You wake up as the plane lands in L.A.

Lorian is already up.

"Now you are awake, sleepyhead!"

You both laugh.

As you get of the plane and outside to the parking lot to get to your car, Lorian looks around strange.

"Hey Lorian, are you ok? Nothing here is a mystery for you anymore, right?"

"I feel... Odd."

"We will check on you once we are home, ok?"

You get home with the car.

Its feels refreshing to be home after two days.

Lorian sits down on a chair in the kitchen.

"Its probably just a headache from the plane, nothing too unusual, just sit there, i'll make dinner."

Lorian nods.

You finish dinner and set it down for Lorian.

He begins eating, eventually he speaks.

"Hero, I think I know what is wrong with me."

"What is it, Lorian? You can tell me, don't be afraid."

"I'm... I'm homesick."

He starts crying lightly.

You stand up from your chair to give hm a pat on the back.

"You don't have to cry, Lorian, i'm here for you."

"I know, but... I miss mother, I miss father, and I miss all my friends from school, I only now just realize how they must be worried sick about me!"

He starts crying more intensely.

"I understand your sadness Lorian, but we both can't control the speed at which you teachers can come and get you, and I promised you could stay until you could go back!"

"Its ok... I- I just need some sleep."

You help Lorian to the bedroom. He seems genuinely sad, and you try to feel his pain. His parents are indeed very likely panicked about where he is now.

You help him into his sleeping bag.

"Rest up Lorian, tomorrow everything will be better. Good night"

You as he drifts to sleep.

You go downstairs to watch some TV. But you can't stop thinking about about Lorian's condition. Being homesick is not fun, you know that. 

Eventually you also get tired and turn of the TV, and go tot the bathroom to brush your teeth.

But you still can't stop thinking. Now you are worried if Lorian will ever be able to get home.

You step into the room and go to your bed. Lorian is sleeping peacefully.

You drift of to sleep, still thinking about the thoughts you just had.

A new day starts.

You see that Lorian is not in his bed.

Oh dear! where is he?

You run downstairs.

"Lorian? Where are you?"

As you run into the kitchen, you see Lorian, he is string a the table he seems to have set himself.

"Good morning hero, I have made breakfast, i hope you like it."

"Hey, are you feeling better from yesterday?"

"Off course, it just had to pass by, that homesick feeling."

You sit down to have breakfast with Lorian.

Eventually you hear a "poof!". Its coming from your backyard.

"I'll go and see it." Lorian says.

And he walks to the backyard to see what that was.

You clear the table and then go to the bathroom to get dressed and to get your teeth brushed.

As you walk out, You see Lorian rush back.

"Hero! There you are! They found me! time to go back!"

"Your teachers? Are they here?"

"Yes, they are! come on, your quest starts now!"

He runs upstairs and after a short while he comes back in his normal medieval looking clothes.

"What are you standing around for? Lets go!"

You take a deep breath trying to process the situation and follow Lorian to the backyard, thinking about what is about to happen.

As you walk out, you see a big purple portal and a group of people in grey robes.

Lorian runs up to one of them.

"Professor Arinn! I'm so sorry, it was a stupid thing to do, that spell, but look! It worked! I found the hero that can save us all!"

The man walks up to you.

"And who are you, young man?"

You put up a friendly face and extend my hand so he can give you a handshake.

"Hello professor Arinn, I am [your name], and I suppose I got inadvertently involved in an accident made by your student."

He smiles at you.

"No boy, that spell Lorian did, it was a dumb thing of him to do, but it indeed worked, I checked the book myself."

He places his hands on your shoulders.

"You will come back with us, and you shall save us from this wretched demon king, please... You are our only hope! Even an old wise man like can't fight him."

You start to think about it. Do you really want to leave this world behind? Lorian is silently hinting at you in the background that you should come along.

"We do not have much time, you need to come with us, I promise you, you shall be fairly compensated. You are the only one who can save thousands of lives!"

You take a deep breath thought as you have finally thought it through, and your final answer comes out:

"Alright professor, I will come, lets go and save Galcadia."

And so, you, Lorian and the group of professors go through the portal.

Is this really what you wanted?