Part 1 - First Impressions

Artificer was looking for the scavenger toll in garbage wastes, explosive spear in hand. She saw a few pearls, meaning she was getting closer. She looked for lots of spears and rocks to turn into explosives. She didn't need to worry about running out of food since she could simply eat the scavengers. After transporting all the explosives to the entrance pipe of the toll, prepared to blow the place up. She grabbed a bomb and explosive spear and sliped through the pipe. She crouched under some rubble and aimed the spear directly at the toll post propping up a rainndeer skull adorned with dozens of pearls. After a few seconds a loud explosion from the spear that knocked down the post and broke up the crowd of scavengers killing a few and stunning most of them. She grabbed a few bombs and threw them into the scattered crowd of scavengers, leaving about 5 of them standing. The grabbed the rest of the explosives and made quick work of the remaining scavengers. She went down into the very destroyed toll to eat a few scavengers and refill her food pips.  Afterwards she walked to the collapsed post with the deer skull. She heavily clutched a pearl from the toll, the only only look on her face being pure rage. She used her hardest force and threw the pearl all the way across the toll before stealing some weapons and leaving. 

-----------------------

Hunter was rushing through the garbage wastes making sure she could find a nearby shelter in case of death.  they didn't want to waste any cycles by dying. they had found the scavenger toll and grabbed a pearl in order to pay it. But to their surprise the whole toll was absolutely destroyed, scattered with scavenger corpses and pearls that fell of the collapsed post. They dropped the pearl they brought, figuring it would be useless now. They went through the destroyed toll after eating a scavenger to get some food to hibernate with. The slipped through the exit pipe leading to the next room, but surprisingly saw another slugcat. They were a dark crimson color with a large scar covering half their face that sp onto their neck and chipped ear and an explosive spear on their back. Hunter tried to approach the strange slugcat, but they were heard and the slugcat slipped into an attack position and faced them. Hunter backed away and put down the spear they had, trying to imply they weren't looking for a fight. 

------------------

Artificer stared  back at the slugcat, slipping back out of their attack pose. She was surprised to see another slugcat, the only other slugcats she had ever saw were her slugpups, who she both lost long ago. She set down her spear, willing to meet the other slugcat. She was violent, especially against scavengers, but she had no reason to fight another slugcat. "H- hello....?" the strange slugcat said, a slightly awkwardness to their tone. Their voice slightly started her, she hadn't heard another slugcat in such a long time. "Uhh.. Hi." She said nervously.  She never realized how isolated she was, she never thought of meeting another slugcat. The main thing on her mind was always killing scavengers, perhaps she was unconsciously using that to distract herself from her loss and loneliness. "So... Uhm,.. Whats your name?" the slugcat asked. ".. Im artificer, arti for short... And you?" she replied. "Oh... Uhm.. Im hunter." they slugcat said. 

--------------

Hunter was happy to meet this slugcat, they had been lonley on their journey to save Moon, which they completed a few cycles ago. "Nice to meet you hunter." the slugcat said more calmly then her other sentences. "You too arti." they replied in the same calmer tone that she did. "Did you see that scavenger toll back there?" Hunter asked. "Oh, uhm.. Yeah, about that.." the crimson slugcat answered nervously. "Yeah i did that." she finished. "Really? Why?"  hunter asked, impressed that she could take down an entire toll. "Its,....." a, long story......... " she said, almost in a grieving tone. 

Thats the end of the first chapter thanks for reading! <3

692 words