Part 3 - Secrets told

They enjoyed the rain for awhile before it picked up and the doors to the shelter closed. Hunter went into a corner of the room, laying next to artificer. They both kept the calm silence until both of them fell asleep to the sound of the rain against the roof of the shelter. 

------------

Hunter awoke immediately to a sharp jolt of pain in their head and body, Their thoughts not processing what was happening due to the pain and coldness across their body. They tried opening their eyes to see where artificer was in order to get help but could only see flashes of red as the pain and throbbing in their head got worse. They recoiled and curled up into a ball, trying to manage until artificer woke up and could help them. They tried to get up and move but immediately fell back down in pain and weakness. 

----------

Artificer slowly woke up, taking note that hunter wasn't beside her. She had a moment of panic, think that they ditched her there. After that she turned around to see hunter in the corner, shivering and in obvious pain. Artificer rushed to their side, worried about what was going on. She grabbed their paw with her own in an attempt to confront them. They were extremely cold and unstable, Artificer wished there was some other way they could help, but for now she just stayed with them and waited. It was still raining outside, not enough to cause a shelter failure, but enough that artificer couldn't go outside with her intolerance to water. 

-----------------

It had been a while and the rain began clearing up and hunter woke up. They were in a coughing fit and took a bit before they could properly say anything. "Artificer... I need to tell you something." They said weakly, still coughing. "Is it something about.. This morning." artificer replied, in a concerned tone. "Yes, it is. You know about the rot right?" they said still weakened and slightly coughing. "Yes, my father told me about it awhile ago." artificer replied. 

------------

"I was made by an iterator, as a messenger of sorts. I was given a neuron to reactivate moon. " they added" i was given the rot. It would work to help me be more agile and more suited to treverse the environment. Though it was temporary and would get me weaker over time. " they finished." the plan was to complete my mission and return home in order to get the rot cured before it got bad. Though its been taking longer than it was intended.. " they said. 

-------

Also sorta short im going to this same sorta style thingy with arti soon 

451 words