Part 4 - a fragment of the past

Btw im switching to the first person style of writing i used for my other rainworld au so it'll be from hunter and artificers povs now!  Btw really sorry i haven't posted to this for awhile my wattpad glitched and didn't let me sign in so i couldn't update for awhile 

Arti pov-

I stayed with hunter until they had enough strength to get up and continue the cycle. We decided to hunt a few lizards before discussing what we should do next. "Maybe we could return to the iterator who sent you, to get your rot cured!" i suggested,  trying to lighten the mood." i don't know how many cycles i have left and my sender is quite far away. But we could certainly try." hunter replied." alright, i mean its worth a shot! " i said. 

Hunter pov-

We agreed to set off on our journey once we both had enough food to hibernate, so that we can use shelters to escape from the rain. Getting food wasn't that much of a struggle due to the previous lizard hunt. We started heading north to begin our long journey, i hope i have enough cycles left to make it, but if not, at least i wont die alone. 

Artificer pov-

The rain was coming and we went into a nearby shelter to hibernate. We were both fast asleep, when i had a familiar dream, accompanied by two familiar faces, passing through a familiar scavenger toll. I thought this would be fine, i even brought a pearl to pay with. But one of my pups saw something shining admist the large mass of scavengers and climbed a pole to get it, i hadn't even noticed until i heard the dying scream of my child as a scavenger stabbed it in the side of the head. I turn back in panic with several spears pointed at me. I try to flee with my other pup when i was met with a large gap of water, i try to pounce across it but i get struck with a grenade and my pup get pulled of my back due to the impact which burned a large wound across my left eye. I hopelessly watch it drown, knowing i couldn't have changed that outcome. 

Hunter pov- 

I wake up to hear arti crying in the corner of the shelter we were in. "Artifecer?" she didn't show any reaction to my call remaining turned away from me. "Artifcer, are you okay?" i ask in concern  "no." i hear faintly from her "Artificer please tell me whats happening." 

cliffhanger timee! So sorry i haven't been updating this lol andways 442 words