Part 2 - a plentiful hunt

"Its okay if you don't want to explain, im not pressuring you to do anything." Hunter commented. "Thank you, i would like to keep this whole ordeal to myself for now."  arti replied.  "We should find food. " Artificer stated, trying to change the subject. "Yeah, you're right" hunter added, clutching a spear. "I've seen a few cyan lizard somewhere around here." Artificer said, sounding eager to go hunting with another slugcat. "Alright then let go!" hunter replied, excited to not be alone. 

------------------------

The two of them found the lizards and engaged in combat together. They were somewhat dodging all of the attacks from the cyan lizards, though Artificer almost got caught by one by of them, thankfully hunter had enough time to stab the lizard and save her. After awhile they killed both of the lizards and took them to a large open field to eat. "It looks like the rain is arriving soon, we should eat quick and find shelter" hunter stated looking up at the clouds that were getting heavier with upcoming rain. "Yeah, good idea. I cant stay in water very long." artificer commented. They quickly ate both lizards they hunted and set off to find a shelter. 

-----------------------

They ran through the area and found a shelter right before the rain picked up and quickly slid into it. They plopped onto the soft ground of the shelter, it was small but in a good way, they would be able to be cozy together but split apart if needed. Hunter sat up, watching the rain through the shelter doors before they closed. Artificer went up to join them, despite hateing the rain. She leaned her head up against the paler red slugcat, watching the rain calmly with them, slightly blushing. The two sat in a peaceful silence and enjoyed the light rain. 

--------------

A slightly shorter chapter cause i have plot points coming up 

318 words