Chapter 3

"So give me technicolor, no more living black and white."

🜙☾🜙 🜙☾🜙

A red stone sits in a glass case. It's surrounded by odd metal and brick from an alien planet. In the room is a desk, a fireplace of sorts, a couple of comfy chairs with two men in it, bookshelves filled to the brim, papers and pens covering the desk. Except for the area where the stone in the glass case sleeps. It starts waking up. He starts waking up. The power of the stone melts the glass and fire swarms around the stone. The fire weaves and knits a body of its own. Some of the flames harden into bones, others turn to liquid for the blood. The two men in the room just stare in awe. The newly formed body falls to the ground with a thud. They see his chest move up and down. It's human... They think.

"Uh... Are you going to get up?" One of the men asks. He has ram horns on his head, side burns, and a black suit. Immediately the body stands up. He's a bit wobbly so he uses the table to hold him up. His shoulders are broad and muscles tense. "Turn around." He follows the orders again. "Man, are you going to dance for us too?" The ram laughs and the stone heart dances. The men's eyes widen as they turn to each other.

"Wh-what else can you do?" There is no response. "Have any powers?" Suddenly the stone heart lifts his hand and a flame bursts out of it. He moves it around a bit and then the fire disappears.

"Good job Quackity!" The ram pats him on the back. Quackity remembers a man in a shed with healing powers. They seem so similar and he's not sure why. "What else should we ask it to do?" The ram rubs his hands together.

"I don't think we should be messing with him, Jschlatt."

"Oh don't be such a wimp, we can use his powers to put on a show. We'll even give him a stage name!" He swings his arms wide. "We'll finally have something interesting on this rotting planet!"

🜙☾🜙 🜙☾🜙

The sand burns but the fighter can't feel it. The planet smolders from the sun and yet everyone comes to the colosseum to see people rip each other a part. The sun blazes, the sand scorches, his body should be able to feel that heat. But he doesn't. He doesn't feel anything, doesn't think anything. He just fights, fights, fights. When the sun rises until the sunsets, he fights. He should be tired, he should cry, he should fight his way out of here. But he doesn't. Because he isn't anything but an empty vessel.

His pink hair grows wildly and sticks to his sweat. A circlet wraps around his head acting as a crown and they call him The Blade. He wears a white poet shirt and black pants to fit his figure. And despite the name, he holds no blade... He is The Blade. He's the weapon. And he doesn't have a choice, he's being wielded by someone else. The fighter has an ear piece in his ear and Jschlatt tells him what to do and when to do it. The fighter can fight well on his own but if he isn't told to stop he just starts killing the audience. Every moment he must be told what to do and who to be.

Inside his chest is a cold stone that makes his heart. No amount of sun, burning sand, or blazing fire can warm it. He's just a tool.

🜙☾🜙 🜙☾🜙

Phil steps out of his two person ship. As soon as he heard there was someone like him, he replaced his one person ship. Hoping the two of them hit it off. His smile never falters even under the intense heat of the planet. Every building is made of stucco as far as his eyes can see. And in the middle is the "crowning glory" of the entire planet. The Sapphire Colosseum. Quackity informed Phil about what goes on. Dealings, slaves, deaths, unhealthy living quarters, and everything in between. The colosseum is The Blade's shed and his fights are Phil's healing. They are cut from the same stone in a sense. But still he can't wait to meet The Blade.