Chapter 6

"Cause you don't know how hard it is to find someone like you,

that only comes along, once in a blue moon."

🜙☾🜙 🜙☾🜙

Phil spent a year with Techno. They traveled looking for signs of the next stone heart. On the way or even on the next planet they would find something productive to do. Stopping slave trades, returning people to their homes, stopping theft. Everything and anything under the sun. And in that time he gained a friend. One that helped take his mind off of the dark shed and he helped Techno become more confident. He doesn't need his help anymore, at least not as much. He thought he would leave, he would deserve to leave if that's what he wanted. But he stayed and Phil could never be more happy.

When they heard reports of a group that could control you with just words, they paid the planet a visit. They found the next stone heart, Wilbur. He was conscious when they found him but abused. It took him way longer from him to grow into his own person. He used to stay in his room unless you told him he could come out. He wouldn't eat or sleep or-or anything. It was a bunch of little steps, it was late night talks, comfort after a nightmare, laughter bouncing off the walls. Wilbur eventually picked up an instrument and learned to play and he played for them. They got a bigger ship.

Then they heard nothing new. They just randomly got stuck on a planet and ran into Tommy. It's been months since Tommy has joined SBI. And there's one word to describe Phil's new crew... Chaotic. Not in a bad way, not at all. It's perfect, it's been even better than he imagined his future would be. Tommy and Wilbur bickering and Techno adding flame to both sides of their argument. They got a bigger ship. Phil could never imagine this, not in the shed, not when he left Sam, not when he found out about Techno. Phil finally has people to love, to take care of, to look forward to seeing and talking, he has them. He hopes it isn't temporary.

Phil lays on his bed, facing the ceiling, slowly blinking waiting for sleep to take him. There is one more stone, the purple one. Phil can't imagine what could possibly add to their fa-crew. But they haven't heard any rumors so now they just do whatever they want. Silence fills his ears and his eyes stay shut.

Until a scream pierces through the air. Tommy. Phil flings out of his sheets and runs to Tommy's room. He sees Tommy on the floor, eyes closed, and he's trying to push himself against the wall frantically.

"No-no, please, I'll do whatever you want. I'll make anything!" He sobs, Phil sits on his bed. "Just-stop." Phil wants to hold him tight but he knows if he tries to step in, he'll just end up freaking him out more, and end up getting bitten. He knows that from experience from Wilbur.

"It's alright Tommy, You're safe. He isn't here anymore," Phil speaks softly when Tommy stops talking. Tommy furrows his brows and he's still scrunched up against the wall. "He's gone now and he will never hurt you again. You have Techno and Wilbur to protect you... You have me." Tommy takes harsh breaths and he finally opens his eyes. "Hey." He says nothing, he just breathes. That's good, anything is better than hearing him scream and cower.

"Phil?" Tommy's voice cracks.

"Yes?" Nothing happens, so Phil motions him to come forward. Tommy freezes for a moment and then slowly gets up from his spot. He's still tense when Phil stands up to meet him. Phil raises his arms open wide. Tommy has only tackled Phil, Wilbur, and Techno, never a hug. Phil hopes he isn't over stepping but this is one of the very few things Phil knows how to do. Tommy takes a soft step towards him, and gently lays his head, and pulls his arms to Phil's chest, instead of wrapping them around. Phil wraps his arms around Tommy and places his hand on the back of Tommy's head. Tommy begins to sob and hiccup into his chest, hiding his face from the world.