Chapter 8

Harry styles

"What the fuck liam!" Brilyn had just got up and left the room in response to liam saying she should leave. She looked so heartbroken, and that was something that just wasn't right in my eyes. The poor girl hasn't done anything wrong, she's simply asked her big brother if she can stay a while.

"What! I'm just talking about what's best for the band!" Liam shouts in response.

"You know she has no where else to go, like I said to you before, if this was one of your sisters you'd want them to stay with you. Just because you lick Simons ass doesn't mean you have to upset Brilyn and Louis in the process." I was actually so angry at him. He says he's trying to do what's best for the band but it just feels so wrong.

"Im gunna go check on Louis, he seems mega pissed." Niall mumbled whilst slowly backing away from the circle around the kitchen island we all formed. Zayn was stood next too Liam awkwardly fiddling with his phone. I stood at the opposite end of the both of them.

You could cut the tension that was throughout the house with a knife. I couldn't stop staring at Liam, I could tell by Brilyn's reaction that he's really upset her and she definitely doesn't deserve that after the couple of days she's had. "Liam let's go get some food, let everyone calm down yeah?" I think Zayn could also pick up on the tension. Liam nodded and they both turned around and walked back to the front door they not long just entered from.

I'm sure everyone will be fine by the morning, we have to be anyway. We are at the studio all day and Simon can easily pick up when there's something wrong and that is something we definitely don't need to happen.

I also turn the opposite way to go walk up the stairs to my own bedroom, but as I got to my door I felt an attraction pull me towards Brilyn's door. We both had rooms on the second floor, my door, then Niall's and then on the opposite side there was the spare bedroom- now Brilyn's.

I slowly walked over to her room, I tried to listen to see if I could hear her moving around but there was only silence. I assumed she had maybe fallen asleep, so I was about to turn around and walk away but then I heard a sniffle come from inside. She was definitely crying. It hurt my heart to hear her cry again. Only 2 hours ago she was breaking down in my car.

I lightly knocked on the door. I wasn't going to walk in until I heard her say yes or some sort of signal to enter. I didn't hear anything. "Bri you okay in there, can I come in." I said softly, but loud enough so she could hear me. I could understand if she wanted to be alone, I wouldn't be offended in anyway. Sometimes we all need to be left alone in our thoughts.

"Yeah you can come in." I eventually heard.

I slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside, closing it behind me. Brilyn was lead in bed under the covers with her back facing the door. I could see her brown hair fanning the pillow behind her and the black jacket she had on downstairs and been chucked onto the floor. I walked over and sat on the end of her bed by her feet. I glanced down at her, but I could only see her side profile which showed her bright red cheeks. She was definitely crying. "Ignore what Liam said. It won't be better if you leave, your fine to stay."

"But what if he's right?" I heard her mumble into the pillow she was lead on.

"He's not"

She quickly rolled over onto her back so her eyes where now on mine. She sat up a bit revealing she had on a white crop top that showed a bit of cleavage. I turned my head away as I didn't want her to think I was staring at that. She quickly noticed that her top and fallen down a little after being lead down and she pulled up the duvet a bit more to cover her self. She mumbled a quick "sorry" but I just looked back and giggled.

"But really Harry, he is basically right." She continued with what she was saying before. "I've been here not even a day and Louis and him have fallen out. You know Harry that I hate being a burden and now that they are arguing it just makes me feel bad. I just want Liam to understand that if I had the money I would get my own place but it's just not that easy when your not in a band and making hundreds. My work is closed for improvements so I'm barley making any money from being on payed leave. I offered to pay rent but Louis sa-"

"Bri stop" I interrupted her as she sounded like she was losing her breath. I placed my hand on her leg that was still under the covers. "Just breathe for a sec, you are not a burden and there's absolutely nothing wrong with you staying here. Liam and Louis will get over themselves. Just relax bri" i tried my best to reassure her and I think it worked. She actually took a breath and smiled. I rubbed my hand on her leg for a little bit longer before I took my hand away and placed it back into my lap. "Now get some sleep, it's been a long day." I was about to up and leave but I felt her grasp my wrist as I was getting up.

"Can I have a hug?" She looked at me with the biggest eyes ever and a gorgeous smile on her face. Gosh she is so beautiful. I didn't even say anything before I sat back down on the bed a little closer to her this time and wrapped my arms around her. She felt like she melted into my arms. I felt her head in the crook of my neck, her cheeks were still and little wet from her crying.

We stayed like that for a while, until she slowly pulled away. She leaned back but she kept her arms wrapped around my back. Eventually she lifted her arms up to cup them round my cheeks. I couldn't help but look at her lips. They were so round and so plump. She leaned forward pushing our foreheads together. Then she pulled me closer and I felt her lips touch mine. She parted her lips, so I did the same. We kissed. A meaningful kiss.

I hadn't kissed anyone in 3 years and the last person I kissed was Brilyn. I was never waiting for her or anything, I had just never met someone I wanted to kiss. Sure, there's loads of girls that want to kiss me but I am not the man that the media makes me out to be. I am not a womaniser. I only want to kiss the people I can see myself with, not just some random ass girls that probably only want me for sex or money.

But with Brilyn it didn't feel like that, I wasn't hesitant to kiss her back because I really care for this girl. Before today I hadn't spoken to her in over six months and when I did it was when she was with Danny and he really hated her speaking to anyone besides him.

It then hit me. She's fresh out of a toxic relationship, she's all over the place with her feelings.

This isn't right.

I need to pull away.

But I really don't want too.

After a little bit, I reach up to grab her hands that are still on my face. I gently pull them down while also pulling out of our kiss. I open my eyes before her and I see her open hers. A crease forms between her brow as she looks confused as to why I've pulled away so quickly. "Im sorry bri, I can't do this."

"Do what?" She looks genuinely confused.

"You've just got out of a relationship and you've had a bad couple of days, you need rest, you need to think about these things." I say getting of the bed. I don't want to offend her in anyway, I just don't want her to kiss me and then realise it was a mistake.

"Shit yeah" the realisation hit her. "Im sorry, I don't know why I did that, my heads all over the place." She drops her head into her hands rubbing her eyes.

"Don't be sorry, just get some rest and ill see you tomorrow." I continued my walk out if her room, I got it the door and opened it so I could leave. But before I did I took one more look and Brilyn who had rolled back over and closed her eyes to fall asleep.

I left the room and closed the door behind me. I walked away and was just about to get into my room before Niall popped his head out of his room. "Is she alright Harry?"

"She's upset, but she needs sleep. We can talk about it tomorrow if she wants too." I leaned against my door. "Has Louis calmed down?"

"A bit yeah, he just really cares about her you know, he doesn't want her anywhere else. Which is understandable of course." Niall says.

"Yeah of course." To be fair I didn't want her anywhere else either.

Mine and Niall's conversation ended and I walked into my room and fell to my bed. All I could think about was Bri and how upset she's been. It really hurt me to see her like that. I want her to be happy.

I want to make her happy.