28 : Part Ways

A few weeks had passed, your and Satoru's relationship had been going well. You had gotten even closer to all your friends, everything was like a home at Jujutsu High. From the teachers, to your friends, to your dorm (which wasn't so sad anymore).

In those weeks, the Sister School Exchange Event had happened, in Tokyo, obviously. Tokyo students usually win...And Tokyo did win again, I mean, did the Kyoto students  really even stand a chance?

Wanna know your ranking? Second! Satoru at the top, then you, then Suguru, only then did some Kyoto students start appearing in the rankings.

You had been improving various things about your techniques, your cursed energy output, skill, etc. You also attempted to learn RCT from Shoko, but you had the shared experience with Satoru and Suguru of not understanding a thing she said.

You were all in the gym, before you and Shoko left to go to the bathroom. When you two came back, Satoru and Suguru were gone. The ball they were playing with left on the ground.

You didn't think much of it as you picked up the ball, dribbling it and playing with Shoko.

Meanwhile, Mr. Yaga was talking to Satoru and Suguru about a new mission, very important and high profile.

"Originally, Tengen requested you and Y/N, but... Y/N said she couldn't as she wasn't confident in her skills and felt it would better suit you and Suguru going." Yaga said while looking at Satoru, then looked back at Suguru, "Either way, you both are very capable, so it's the same if you go instead."

A bit later, the two came back.

"Oh, Satoru!" You said, catching the ball which Shoko had thrown a moment ago. "Where did you two go?" You said as you walked up to the two, Shoko following behind, smiling.

"Yaga was talking with us, about this mission... You turned it down, apparently." Your eyebrows quickly shot up as you realized, "Oh! That one!" You chuckled awkwardly as you started dribbling the ball, looking down.

"I don't really trust myself too much with it, I think you and Suguru would do better, you both are more used to working together." You said as you started walking away, dribbling the ball and passing it to Shoko, you two continued passing as you all talked about it.

"Star Plasma Vessel, Riko Amanai... Huh... Big weight on your guys' shoulders!" She chuckled as she sat down, you sitting beside her. Satoru and Suguru nodded, "Yeah... but I'm sure we'll be fine." Suguru said.

Satoru nodded. "After all, we are the strongest!"

You smiled, before Satoru turned to look at you, "We are missing one of the strongest sorcerers though..." He said as he put on a sad face, "You left me all alone Y/NNNN," he whined, before laughing.

"We'll be fine though, don't worry!"

A day later, Satoru and Suguru had left for their mission. They wouldn't be in actual contact with you, in terms of being in front and speaking with the two of you. But, they would be messaging you and stuff.

Before you two had parted ways, he kissed you a lot. Your whole face had gone red, because everyone else was right there!! But, they turned around, started walking away in shock, then did you kiss him back a lot too. You both hugged each other, you gave him one last kiss on his jaw, and said bye. But, not before you handed him a small thing for him to hold on to.

"Just.. as a good luck for your mission..." You handed Satoru a charm, and told him to keep it with him. You then hugged him one last time, and parted ways.

You and Shoko were at a park, walking. It was a beautiful park, where the waters flowed calmly. You could hear birds chirping and a cool breeze flowed as you two walked through the shadows of the trees above you. Children were playing and people jogged past the two of you. Both of you were holding a drink, and as you sipped on yours, Shoko spoke.

"I don't know, everything seems so calm these days.."

You chuckled, nodding. "Yeah... I know, it does feel calm..." You smiled at her, "I like it, not too hectic or chaotic, I like how we're relaxed.. Not too common."

Shoko nodded, sipping her drink, "Mhmm!" She smiled, then chuckled. 

"I just hope it stays like this."