Chapter 12

The car ride home was as silent as grave. Peat picked up Ben who waited outside of the building. Peat smiled at Ben when their eyes met again that day. Ben only brought along a small bag with him as he slung it across his broad back. Ben looked exhausted too, just as he was even when he cheered up as Peat's car approaching.

Ben sat down on the passenger seat and adjusted the seat to accommodate his long legs. It's been quite a while since someone occupied the seat as Peat preferred to go home alone in the past year. Usually he came to the location with P Aon but apparently they had creative differences now so Peat was more comfortable being alone.

"This way,"

There was awkwardness between them. Peat wondered if Director Anne scolded Ben the way he did to him. Director Anne had this air of authority that even P Aon didn't possess. It might be because Anne wanted this drama to work when she saw how precarious their chemistry was.

Peat turned the wheel towards whatever Ben told him to. It was the first time he's going to Ben's place. As far as they're together, Peat had never known where Ben resided or who his closest person was. Ben was always alone at the site, and Peat figured he didn't know much about Ben.

"Do you want to come in?" Peat stopped at the parking lot of a luxurious condominium.

"You live here?" Ben nodded and grabbed the sling bag. Peat had seen the condominium quite a few times and wondered what type of people who could afford living in those. It was a serviced condominium that was rumoured to only being rented by expatriates or the riches – which was not what someone like a budding actor could afford.

Peat was intrigued even when he was terrified of Ben.

"You can come," Ben invited him over as he climbed out of his car. "Just to thank you for driving me home,"

The next thing he knew was he locked his car door and followed Ben to his home.

It was as what Peat imagined a luxurious condo was and much more. Peat had to stay close to Ben when they entered the elevator just because it would detect strangers or unauthorized visitor with facial recognition in it. Peat had to catch up with Ben's wide stride and felt quite breathless when they arrived at Ben's place.

Peat took off his shoes when he walked past the threshold. Ben put down his bag on the sofa. The condo was huge and filled in with only basic furniture – but everything in it screamed expensive. It seemed simple and minimalist.

"Do you want to drink anything?"

"It's okay,"

"Phi Anne asked you to drive me home, right?"

"Yes," Peat didn't think Ben wanted to talk about Anne now.

"She noticed that we're not doing a good job," Ben said nonchalantly as he prepared some cordial drink for Peat. Peat sat down on the nearest sofa facing the floor to ceiling window. His head felt dizzy just by staring at it.

"I think we did," Peat smiled when Ben put down a glass of cold pink drink.

"Did I disappoint you, Phi?"

"I don't think so," Peat sipped a bit of the pink drink. It tasted like his school years when he usually bought this drink at the illegal vendors outside of the school's gate. "It's sweet and delicious,"

"Thank you," Ben said down in front of Peat.

"You're from rich family?" Peat asked before he could stop himself. He tapped himself on the face, to just be cautious with words later on with Ben. Ben sat down before him and leaned on the couch. He smiled and nodded.