Chapter 16

Aon watched Peat as they stayed inside the lobby of the hotel. All the evidence of Ben's wrong doings had been sent to the police and the authorities would do what's best for every party involved.

Peat listened as Fort told Peat what happened when he was on the run. Everything fell into plan, just like what Peat had predicted when they talked about it before. Fort was against it before and thinking of coming back when he heard news about Peat break down, and he didn't know if Peat was faking it. Peat didn't say about his own aftermath after they decided to 'break-up'.

They only discussed about Fort's situation.

Fort was silent when they met the first time after more than a year. Fort was still clingy, touchy as usual but didn't chatter like he usually did. Peat was the quieter type, so it was quite remarkable to him. Fort's rage was evident when Peat told him what happened after he went to Ben's place.

"What really happened that time?" Fort was furious and Peat understood him perfectly. But he didn't have answers to them. The next thing he knew when he woke up was he was admitted in the hospital.

"I passed out, I can't do anything about it,"

"But you told me he used your camera to take pictures? Do you think that he took pictures with his camera too?" Peat shrugged.

"Even if he took pictures, how could we retrieve it? I don't have the energy to face him at all," Fort bit his lower lip when Peat's voice changed. He hated it the most when Peat was in any inconvenience. That was why when he was in hiding, he was unable to keep calm especially when tabloids kept reporting about Peat. He couldn't leave Peat again for the second time even if Peat would beg for him for it. He had had enough living in the unknown hoping that Peat would be safe and sound as he knew Peat was not. Things happened to Peat and the older one was trying his best to hide it, trying to play it down so that it wouldn't show on the camera or even P Aon.

"I'm going to strangle Ben myself,"

"He's the one who'd been behind all this," Peat sighed. He looked at Fort, and Fort silently nodded. "How could I've been so blind that I can't recognise him?!"

"Phi, both of us didn't know him. Yes, he might be the one who's been texting me all this time, but I haven't seen his face either," Peat growled. At this point of time, he was furious with Ben. it was clever of him to not reveal his face when he communicated with Fort even when Fort had done multiple service for him. "I just knew that the woman that I slept with is his aunt,"

"Do you know the lady well?"

"No, she came to me when I was drunk after the music festival in south,"

Peat linked both his brows and watched Fort. It was quite some time if it's that music festival that he thought of. He remembered it because Fort seek him that night as it was late, reeked of alcohol and red from intoxication. They kissed, Peat's face would burn when he thought of the kiss subconsciously especially when he was missing Fort badly.

He didn't think much about what Fort's about to do to him that night, he was still thinking about it sporadically. He loved Fort's kisses and there was a line drawn between them that night – a line separated them from what they were which was more than friends but not as lovers. He was tempted to let Fort in, but his intoxicated state would make the aftermath worse than what they had at that time.

Fort would not be able to remember if they crossed the lovers' line that night and Peat would hate himself if he allowed him to. Peat wouldn't want to forgive himself because what if Fort didn't mean it? What if Fort was too drunk to recognise that Peat was not his lover? What if he didn't intend to actually fuck him? What if Fort was just too drunk that he would fuck anything that moves?