Chapter 1

"Ms. YLN, this academic year, you'll be partnering with Theodore Nott and Mattheo Riddle," Snape announced, lifting his gaze with a faint smirk playing on the corners of his mouth.

"You can't be serious," I gasped, my mind already racing through potential escape routes.

"I assure you, I am quite serious. I believe this arrangement will prove beneficial for all three of you. The tension will be good for you," he responded, swiftly moving on to the next item on his agenda.

"I can't work with them," I pleaded, desperation creeping into my voice. "You're well aware of our history."

"I'm fully aware of your history, and my decision stands," Snape declared, concluding the matter before striding out of the room.

In a fit of frustration, I hastily gathered my books and spun around, only to find myself confronted by the living embodiment of my nightmare. Mattheo and Theo were standing at the back of the room, my same look of horror mirrored on their faces. Mattheo moved to speak, but I cut him off.

"Don't you assholes come near me. I'd rather fucking fail."

The horror etched on their faces morphed into annoyance as I forcefully squeezed between them and made a swift exit through the door.

"Bitch," Theo called after me, prompting me to defiantly throw my middle finger up over my head at them as I marched my way to the Great Hall.

------------------------

Scanning the room, my gaze zeroed in on Blaise. Sighing in defeat, I ambled over to him and slumped down beside him, methodically piling food onto my plate.

"So, Snape didn't budge, huh?" Blaise inquired, an amused smirk playing on his lips as he observed my visible frustration.

"No, he's convinced that the tension will be good for us," I groaned, casting a glance toward the entrance where Mattheo and Theo had just entered before splitting off in opposite directions. Their mutual disdain for each other mirrored my sentiments towards them. Sensing Theo's eyes on me, I rolled my own and redirected my attention to Blaise.

"If by tension he means a bloody massacre in the middle of the classroom, then maybe he's onto something," Blaise remarked, nonchalantly shoving a piece of chicken into his mouth. "Personally, I think it's going to be fucking hilarious."

"I'd rather drink acid than work with those two. This is not even remotely funny" I declared, pushing my plate away, my appetite vanishing. I glanced up to see Mattheo now watching me. "Do you want to go outside? I can't be in here anymore."

I tossed pebbles toward the Black Lake as Blaise and I leaned against our favorite tree.

"So, what woman gets the pleasure of your undivided attention this year?" I playfully nudged him, and he responded by wrapping his arm around me and messing up my carefully styled hair before releasing me. "That was totally unnecessary," I laughed, patting it back down.

Blaise's tendency towards fixation was no secret. Once he set his sights on a woman, she became the sole focus of his attention for the entire year, leaving other hopefuls in the dust.

"I haven't decided yet. Let's survey our options, shall we?" he joked, already scanning the grounds where students relaxed.

"Astoria?" I suggested, spotting her lounging beside Pansy not far from our spot.

"Hell no. She's Draco's obsession, anyway."

"Katie Bell?" I tried again, observing the Gryffindor chaser running after her friend across the lawn.