Chapter 245 & 246 ⚠︎

Chapter 245: Compromise

Mu Lihua waited endlessly for her secretary to inform her that she was able to schedule a meeting with Jennie, but that never happened . In the end, Mu Lihua spent the whole night contacting her close friends and business partners to see if they could help her contact Jennie.

It was already Friday and Mu Lihua did not want to drag the issue until Monday. She needed to see Jennie as soon as possible so she could explain her side of the story. If Jennie would listen to her explanation, that is.

Furthermore, it was already the nineteenth. Little did Mu Lihua know that Jennie would not have time to focus on any other matters as she needed to prepare herself for her performance the next day.

August 20, Saturday.

Jennie woke up with a smile on her face. As expected, Taehyung had prepared breakfast for her with a few festive flowers and chocolates added with care. Simple, but Jennie liked it a lot.

"What's your plan for today?" Jennie asked as an unfathomable glint flashed in her eyes.

"Something special," he answered while reaching over to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hmmm... Let me guess? Does it involve a special dinner?"

"No," Taehyung shook his head. "I was planning something more adventurous. Skydiving maybe? What do you think?"

Jennie's head instantly spun towards Taehyung. "You know that I am not very good with heights. I might faint."

"Oh... then how about we ride a hot air balloon and watch the sunset together?" he asked, feeling a little depressed. He knew that Jennie was not fond of heights, but he thought he could convince her to try something different. "Actually, I have a surprise for you but I felt that you deserve more, so I was planning to do something extra. That's why I thought we could go skydiving this weekend."

"No to a hot air balloon," Jennie replied firmly. Watching the sunset together was fine, but anything else would only delay her plans for tonight. Jennie's fear of heights isn't really that extreme, she just finds it uncomfortable to be in such high places. That did not mean, however, that she would not like to go skydiving with Taehyung. Just the thought of it is somehow made her heart a little giddy - but Jennie still needed energy for her performance for tonight. "Let's skydive tomorrow instead," she suggested. "What do you think?"

"Alright!" Taehyung beamed before handing her a small brown velvet box. "Here."

Jennie instantly accepted the box and opened it. "A key?" she asked.

"Hmmm... I will take you to see it after breakfast."

"What is it? A house?"

"You are really bad at guessing things," Taehyung chuckled. "It's a surprise."