Turkey day

Ever since my little kidnapped incident, they moved me to the compound and I haven't had much time outside of it. So now I just have a bunch of free time.

"Hey Chip!" Peter yelled as he waltzed into my room.

"Hey?" I said back as he threw himself into my bed.

"The adults are killing a turkey and attempting to make it. And Clint's family isn't here yet so I'm bored." He said, yawning.

"Wait, turkeys exist?!"

"Yeah, how do you think we get Thanksgiving?"

"That's my point! They are just really big chickens that farmers have and they give them out during Thanksgiving and call the meal turkey." I said shocked.

"Are you okay? Have you ever had Thanksgiving?!" I stayed quiet and looked away.

"Wow." He said shocked.

"I feel bad for you."

"Me too man. This is my first time having a Thanksgiving." I took a deep breath and rolled my shoulders.

"It's not that different. Just a really big dinner to honor the pilgrims n all that. Anyways, I'm bored! Let's do something until the Barton's come around!" He whined, shaking my shoulders.

"Okay!"

I looked around for an idea. The reality show I was watching had to have a guy say a pickup line for the girls to choose who's eliminated next.

"Best pickup line, go!" He panicked and shouted,

"There's 21 letters in the alphabet without U R A Q T."

"Boring! 6/10." I judged.

"Fine then! Your turn!"

"Easy money. Are you my homework, because I'm not doing you, but I definitely should be." I winked. He fake gagged and shook his head.

"Gross! No! 4/10."

"What?! Fine then! You do better!"

"I will! You're Italian? So would you mind if I got a 'pizza' that ass?" I put a hand over my mouth and laughed a little.

"Sorry for my rudeness, No one has been able to teach me manners since my mom 'pasta' way." Both of us started dying of laughter.

"Are-" his sentence was interrupted by his laughter, which made me laugh even harder.

"Are you being for real? Sorry, I have 'crust' issues." I cackled so hard I fell off my fucking bed.

"Ok dude, 'cut' it out."

He said, laughing even harder, if that was even possible. I was trying to breathe because I lost it while I was laughing. We both calmed down and wiped our eyes from our tears. Just in time because Clint got back.

"FAM'S HERE!" He yelled out. Peter jumped up and ran to me. He helped me up then dragged us to the common room.

"Hey kiddo!" Laura said to Peter. They hugged and I stood there awkwardly.

"Chip, this is the fam." Clint said as he showed off his family. I waved shyly.

"Hi! You must be Chip! Clint told us all about you!" I looked at the man while his wife spoke. We shook hands and I met the rest of his kids.