Chapter 2: Meeting the star cast

Cale was sitting with Eruhaben  as he watched the others start winding down in the few seconds they had to gather themselves. He was currently listening to Yoo Sangah talk to Kim Dokja when the Dokkaebi claimed his attention again.

"Wow! So, did you all prove your worth? I see there are many survivors....Oh my! Thank you for the sponsorship, dear constellations! I can't believe there are 23 constellations watching."

'If I remember correctly this was a big accomplishment for a starter Dokkaebi.' While Cale was reminiscing about what he read in the novel he saw movement from the corner of his eyes. Dokja was walking  over to the traumatized kid but he wa acting strangely calm. Dokja was careful with his movements and wanted to seem friendly and approachable, but Cale can see through that act. He was trying to appease the constellation and gather attention which isn't a bad plan to earn some coins. If Cale remembers correctly he was the kid with the grasshopper net, Lee Gilyoung. He had bushy brown hair, black eyes and a slim face which worried Cale a bit. He had kids of his own (On, Hong and Roan) and they all had chubby baby faces since they were well fed and young. Lee Gilyoung wasn't that much older from Hong and Roan so seeing a malnourished child that ate the bare minimum ticked him off a bit at who ever raised Gilyoung before. Cale observed his clothing as well, it was nothing special, just a plain brown bloodied shirt and some shorts. Cale mentally reminded himself to raid a clothes store, Eruhaben just stared at him and sighed. The Dokkaebi spoke up.

 "A lot of interesting things happened today. The guy in the next cabin was also a total nutcase."

"T-then are you going to let us go?"

The voice almost sounded pitiful if it wasn't for the human the voice came from. Han Myungoh looked like he was hit by a bus before running a 20k marathon, his hair was all over the place and looking pissed.

"We did everything you asked for!"

Cale was surprised he was still alive even if he read the novel. Cale and Dokja were both looking at this pathetic man as he stood there yelling, Dokja just sighed looking so done with him.

 "Hmm... Let you go? Haven't you seen what's going on outside? Are you sure you want me to let you go?"

The Dokkaebi just grinned down at them as he spoke, an ichthyosaur roaring from the water below them. Cale almost started laughing as Han Myungoh went white at the sound of the monster that could tear him apart in seconds.