Chapter 3: Karma

It didn't take long after the messages for a lot of the food to start floating into the air in a golden light. It kind of reminded Cale of Eruhaben's magic with the similar color. It was very beautiful or would have been if the action itself didn't cause some problems for the people.

"Hehe... you all should think of a way to clear the scenario..."

The food was then ruthlessly crushed in the snap of the Dokkaebi's fingers.

"You want to eat, scum of the earth?" 

The Dokkaebi's eyes glanced at the dark path leading to the next station. The nervous tone of his voice changed, despite his weak voice, his smile was cruel.

"From now on, let's have fun together, everyone."

And with that the Dokkaebi disappeared. Of those who were not panicking was one Cale Henituse, he had been curious if the food in his spacial bag would be affected by the penalty. As it turns out no, since his bags were made from another world, he doubted the Dokkaebi could touch them or even knew it existed. A new screen appears in front of everyone, it was what Cale was waiting for. The reason Cale didn't want to touch the coins he possessed. Sure, he had a lot of coins and could easily upgrade his stats to close to superhuman levels, but that would cause him more problems than they would solve.

[A scenario penalty has been added.]

['Cost of Survival' clause has been added.]

From now on, 100 coins will be deducted as a 'Cost of Survival' at midnight. If you fail to pay the 'Cost of Survival', you will die.

[The 'Cost of Survival' penalty will remain until the second main scenario is cleared.]

[You are in the area of the second main scenario. Frequently move to places where the main scenario is active.]

Everyone was stunned, too in shock to even speak as the Dokkaebi disappeared from the station. Cale and his father didn't care about the silence as they moved over to Dokja's group. After a little bit for people to calm themselves, it didn't take long for Cheon Inho to try and take control of the situation.

"Everyone please gather. We have an important announcement. "

Cale decided to just ignore him since whatever he was going to say wasn't going to be important. He decided to pay attention to Dokja and his group. Dokja's laughter could be heard, looking at the other in amusement for being so unique, meanwhile ignoring Jung Heewon who was checking all the pockets in her clothing.

"Did you know this was going to happen, Dokja ssi?" 

The laughter stopped, and Dokja lightly shrugged his shoulders.

"I guessed it. It was predictable if you think about it. Dokkaebi really like bullying people." 

Heewon narrowed her eyes, incredulous at the explanation, before snorting.