༘⋆ 001 :

--

Y/N POV :

--

A suspicious man had stood at the corner of a darkly-lit area with multiple colorful decorations surrounding his tiny booth. He seemed focused and pleased, a poster stapled upon the front of his structure with a few colorful characters adorning upon it.

It seemed odd, yet entertaining enough . . . An assortment of various body limbs with the colors of pink and yellow with some orange spheres and blue . . . A mask of some sort displaying an emotion of despair with the body of a shiny red ribbon . . . A white king-chess piece with it's eyes bulging while adorning a purple coat . . . a girl of small stature looking seemingly lost with her jester costume that had consisted of primary colors, a ragdoll of sorts with stringy-red hair and a flowing blue dress . . . and a purple bunny-rabbit with sneering teeth of yellow and piercing yellow eyes, a pink overall over its furred body.

In the middle of the lot was a build of a man, his head two miscolored eyes inside his chattering mouth of teeth, the title had been : The Amazing Digital Circus.

The man behind the little booth stared, a grin plastered on his face as his hand had motioned a VR-headset, causing my brow to prick in a new curiosity. He seemed a bit insistent,

"You should put this on, explore the world of The Amazing Digital Circus first-hand! Oh, yes, it is new. An unheard of indie-project! Do support a small creator, do!"

I had first silently winced at his loud nature, holding my hands close to myself as I felt a tad frightened. The man's face had softened ever so slightly.

"Oh, little lady, do not be alarmed! The cause, the cause of this action would only show a fraction of support. A feedback would be generous! Do try!" he had insisted once more, his arms had reached out towards me. In his big pale hands haf laid the big VR-headset of insisting nature.

"Sir, would I have to pay? I do not think I would have the funds for such a predicament."

"Predicament . . . ?" he had subtly commented under his breath, "Do not fret, it's quick and absolutely a free action! No charge, no expense. None." he had mused with a tone of glee and a grin of charm. I had hummed.

My hands had retracted so gradually from myself, resting upon the headset gingerly as I glanched briefly at the mans eyes a last time, he seemed satisfied, like a man who had been waiting for such an occurrence a while.

Had I been stupid? Tricked? Naive?

My hands only lifted, forgetting the suspicion of my mind as I had slid the headpiece delicately over my head. I had felt it would be quick, a quick look into this digital world the man had been so very verbal and insistent upon, a quick look at the mechanics and the graphical-look of things . . .

Quickly as the piece had been attached to my head, a broken view had come forth. It had been white and then had faded into the piercingly-sharp bright colors of a circus, like you'd expect. Oddly I had felt unattached, like you would in a conversation of three where you had been the third person, staring into the black abyss of two people getting along better than you.

I had put a foot forward to step a little closer into the circus, just as I had moved a man had appeared who I had recognized to be from the promotional image of chattering teeth and miscolored eyes.

"Greetings to you, new body! Yes, I am your ringmaster, Caine! Welcome to The AMAZING DIGITAL CIRCUS!" he spoke in a crazed manner of speech, I had stared.

This experience . . . Odd, shouldn't there be a sequence where you would have to choose your character? Perhaps it had been still in development . . .

My eyes dropped to the eye-straining floor, catching a little glimpse of my attire. My eyes began to slightly widen in an embarrassment but had quickly dismolished, remembering the digital world and the creatures inside it not being sentient . . .

My digital body had sported an attire in the same compartment of a swimsuit, black checkered patterns adorned it at the sides as the middle had a few colorful buttons sewed to it, knee-high checkered tight-socks had hugged my feet and calves. It had seemed that I was an acrobat.

"Hey . . . Hey, up here! Look at your ringmaster . . . Oh, yes, okay. You seem a bit disheveled? Not to worry, you're here and we are delighted!" the ringmaster had cheerfully mused, his eyes bulging in excitement as his cane had swiftly moved, dropping the blood-red curtains behind his frame.

Familiar colors had shown, the characters that had been on the promotional image, also.

Playful music had then ensued, I had felt my brows come to a furrow, observing the faces of the lot as I had advanced closer, Caine beside me as he stared intently.

"You! Let I introduce to thee!" the ringmaster had spoke, his head tilting to the ceiling of the circus as his voice had echoed.

His levitation had brought him a bit down from his ecstacy, now behind myself.

"Introducing . . . ! Zooble, Gangle, Kinger, Pomni, Ragatha and Jax! Your peers, comrades, amigos, acquaintances--" his words had been rapid, spitting quickly from his chattering set of teeth. I had felt it to be overwhelming, his frame inching closer with every little word,

"Caine!" I had yelled, though it had felt silly. Why would I yell at a non-sentient creature in a digital world of nothing? I laughed at myself, watching as the faces of the view creatures became more clear as they bagan to surround me. Caine had fell silent, his eyes upon me.

"Oh, you're laughing?" the creature named Zooble had commented, her eyes lidded as she observed my condition.

I had stopped, how could she say a thing like that? Had she not been an AI? Or had it been so very advanced? I had scoffed, thinking to test my theory as I began to speak once more.

"Lovely to meet you lot, I'm sure. All very . . .  unique names, yes. I'll tell you, my name is . . . is . . . it . . . Oh." my finger had tapped my lip, looking to my side as my mind had felt a bit jumbled and conflicted.

"Oh, my. I do not remember my name!"