༘⋆ 002 :

I had felt a small sensation of panic attack my mind and body, feeling a tingling pang of horror, I had looked upwards to the lot once more. They had seemed bleak of emotion, a few faces showing a sympathy and some none.

"That is bound to happen here in our circus! Heh, do not fret . . ." my brows furrowed, looking upon the man of chattering teeth,

"She's handling it better than Pomni had, atleast." Zooble spoke, I blinked.

"But it is terrifying! We really can't escape . . . " Pomni said a bit agitated,

"You'd have to get a new name, checker-face." Jax had mused, his eyes glistening with putrid mischief. I had huffed, my eyes felt as big as flying saucers, my hands holding onto the strands of my hair.

"A . . . A new name?"

"Yes, you'll get used to it! Like . . . we have." Ragatha said, her voice soft and kind as she moved with a delicate nature.

Suddenly before I and above the rest, a giant spinning box with big black letters appeared, Caine had spun it with ease, letting the letters land one by one,

"What do you think of Y/N? Yes perfect, you like it? You do." Caine had spoke rapidly, deciding for me. Right.

"Uh, this seems . . . really meta. You're all . . . sentient? AI like this, it can't exist . . . ? Not this advanced, no . . ." my mind found itself to be a little over-cluttered, fishing thoughts of escapism as my hands lifted to my head. The lot had stared, I had slyly attempted to slip the headset off from my head.

I had planned to, and then, I'd say to the suspicious man in the corner booth; Oh my, terrific! Good AI. Very odd, very self aware. Yes, perfect. Astounding.

But, that could never happen.

"Oh . . . Oh, dear . . . Oh, no, this . . . It's not on my head? I do not feel it?" my hands had repeatedly grasped for a non-existent headpiece over and over again, I had felt nothing in the end.

Strange.

My peers had a look of acknowledgement, the rabbit a grin from his nicotine-yellow teeth as his right hand held his hip,

"See, that's just the trick. Your predicament is as callous as ours are, you see . . . You are trapped. Now, suck it up." I had scoffed at his careless words, I had felt an offense. Being scolded like a child by a man who looks like a purple rabbit.

"Guess this sucks."

"You guess? That's your only reaction?"

"Well, it seems my current situation as well as yours is impossible and inevitable. I should accept it now or become a loony-bin." I spoke in thought, my words not translating the same statement as inside I was screaming in an existential horror.

My life had been figuratively over, a new one formed as my past had been lost forever, what did this mean for my body in the real world? Had it still existed or had it disintegrated into a void of nothingness.

"You can't be so sure. No one can so easily accept this!" Gangle spoke in her soft wispy voice as she held her shiny ribbon-ed hands to her eyes,

"I'd say! Now, let some traditional activities commence! Yes, a tour of our circus grounds!" Caine spoke in his vocally-loud voice, his cane swinging side to side as he motioned, a white round entity had casually popped out from his top hat,

"Joy!" it had squeaked, the sphere's voice a high pitch in tone. The ringmaster had groaned, popping the sphere casually.

Caine had grabbed my forearm, it had startled be deeply as we had quickly been pulled from out the circus, showing it's outside,

"This here is THE TENT! Activities are found here as well as your living quarters, which I'll show you last . . ." Caine had stood silent for a brief moment before he had grabbed me once more and pulled us far from the tent,

"And this, this is THE GROUNDS! Ah, yes! The digital lake! Drown yourself, even though . . . YOU CAN'T. " he exclaimed, his wide eyes close to my own as I stared in quiet fear, he had backed away once more,

"Engage in ridery at the digital carnival! Night or Day, it's all okay! The choice is yours, a cosmic buffet!"

"Yeah . . . right." Caine had grabbed me once more, pulling me to a place of pure white and eery chills.

"This is, THE VOID. We . . . don't come here. Not even I, your ringmaster, knows of what's in here!"

"Oh, well, that's--"

Caine had pulled me back, "We stay right here! Where I can keep my hundred of seeing eyes on you!"

"Lovely. Take me into the tent now, please."

"Oh, but you forget! We have yet to explore the living quarters! Each of your peers and yourself have your own room fitting to you . . . !" Caine hurriedly said, seeing me want to turn my back, he had held my shoulders and pull us to a hallway in the tent. He had walked with me.

Each room from my left to right had a door, the face of my peers adorning each door in its center perfectly. Some doors had seemed obscure, the painted face of it being crossed out with a bright red paint. I had pledged ignorance, not minding those doors . . .

It was right then after my observations we had stopped before a door with a character I didn't recognize a bit.

This . . . This is mine. That's me.

My fingers had twitched, lifting my arm to touch the little painted picture, I turned my head to the side to see that Caine had disappeared. Huh.

My hand found the doorknob in my search of Caine, twisting it gingerly.

The room had been a bit lit with a few candles, the walls all replaced with thick mirrors, I had tensed up, gasping in an odd awe. On the ceiling a mass of roped and thick ribbon had been tied, a hoola-hoop at its core.

I stepped inside with a furrow of curiosity,

"Now . . . What kind of narcissist's dream had I acquired . . . This room cannot be right . . . "

"Oh, but I think it's perfect." a voice echoed, I turned my body away from the mirror that was before me to see a purple rabbit leaning casually onto my doorframe, holding a bright orange carrot. I scoffed,

"Yep . . . you seem the type . . . " my hands had held my hips, I swayed my body to the side. The rabbit grinned, taking a bite from his carrot,

"Eh, what's that, doc?"