༘⋆ 004 :

"Yes, you are all here . . . ! " Caine had spoke with a tinge of enthusiasm, the round sphere had once again popped from out his head, so it can regenerate or . . . something?

Above Caine were giant letters that had been turned upside town, he had only gradually floated upwards towards them. Surrounding me stood my peers; Zooble, Kinger, Pomni, Gangle, Ragatha and Jax. They had all seemed to be very tedious of our current situation.

"Y/N! This will be your first ever adventure and what joy you will have!" Caine said quickly, leaning towards us as he spoke with his bulging eyes and his chattering teeth with his stiff cane that had emphasized his dramatic words.

"Today's adventure is . . . !" he expressed, his limbs sprawled out from the air as the giant letters above him had flipped themselves, revealing our adventure.

HIDE-AND-SEEK.

"Oh, for the love of &/#* not this &/#* again . . ." Zooble had commented under her breath beside me,

"Joy! I love that game!" Kinger had said exuberantly, to which, Jax had kicked the poor chess-piece's bottom basis of his figure, causing him to tumble a bit.

"Hide-and-seek? Childs-play, easy!" I had scoffed with a grin, crossing my arms as I had stared at the ringmaster.

"Hide-and-seek! How does it work?" the sphere talked with its sharp teeth,

"Glad you asked, Bubble! Allow me to inform--"

"How do you play?"

"Well, Bubble, I'm about--"

"What's the goal?" Caine had growled lowly, his posture stiff as he stared Bubble with a look of hate before he had popped it so easily once more, letting his shoulders relax soon after . . .

". . . There will be a counter, a counter there'll be. Fifteen minutes you'll have to hide, hide, hide, HIDE! Yes, much emphasis, please hide well or it will get you . . . No, it will not be permanent! You'll only be cast aside but wait the next round or till the end, you will then survive! Cheating will be punished!" Caine had spoke, his speech loud and commanding. He had then laughed dramatically manic before catching his composure once more.

I had stared, my brow raised a tad as I had scratched my head.

. . . What was "it" and why did Caine speak so vaguely? What did he mean "cast aside" ? . . .

"Caine, can you please let us engage in another--" Gangle had attempted to plead, her shiny ribbon-ed hands holding her face, Caine had listened halfly, quickly interrupying her plea;

"One, Two, Three! And, Gangle, you're first! Count to fifteen!" The white sphere had mused, watching Caine wave his staff at the sphere's words.

We had all been teleported, being engulfed in a pure white light as we all had been transferred to the end of the long hall where our living quarters had been situated, only, Gangle had been absent. I had guessed obviously because she had been the one to count and find us.

The white sphere from before had appeared before us all once more,

"The counter is immune from it! You are all unfortunately not. Try your best to hide and keep quiet until your seeker has found you! Cheaters shall be punished as bad hiding places will be . . . If your seeker does not find you, it will!" Bubble said with their high tone of speech, I had hummed.

Interesting challenge . . . ? Hide well and wait until your seeker finds you, otherwise bad juju.

"What's the point of this, though?"

"Oh, it's just a little something to, uh, keep us from losing our mind!" Ragatha had answered my whim, I groaned a little response.

"One! Two! Three!" Bubble had drone out, floating above us as a timer of sorts had shown for fifteen minutes.

Everyone who had surrounded me had scrambled quickly, I had felt my legs buckle with a nervous tangent, I had groaned and shuffles my feet quickly as I had ran threw the hall for a place to hide. All the while I could hear the soft and subtle voice of Gangle now loud and threatening as she count to fifteen.

"FIVE." I had ran hastily, finding hiding place had seemed impossible, I had thought of my room but had thought it a terrifying danger-zone. Having all those mirrors expose my attempt to hide.

"EIGHT." Gangle had counted rapidly and I had still been exposed in the hallway, my peers had been hidden already and I stood dumbfounded.

"TEN." I had run so fast in fear of whatever it could be, it had felt silly but I didn't trust this circus for my digital life . . .

I had found a spot so timely . . . A spot behind a broken cupboard of sorts that had been comically huge and colorful, behind it had been a bit of a big hole in the wall. It had been very darkly lit, I couldn't see how deep the hole had stretched.

I had turned my head to look past the hallway, a terrible hissing had been starting to echo and grow large by the minute. I had slowly attempted to get inside the hole with a slight struggle, gingerly grabbing the cupboard as I slid it soundlessly in front of the hole.

"You! You're going to ruin this for me!" a voice of rage had whispered beside me, it had startled me so much that a lowly-loud whimper had escaped myself. A pair of hands had grabbed my head from the side, their large hand clasped over my mouth. The hissing was loud and threatening, now very close as it seemed to be right in front of the cupboard.

My eyes had felt like big round saucers, peering at the blackness of the broken cupboards back. A hiss had ensued eventually, becoming distant as it moved away. The large hand had fell from my face, the person it was attached to had sighed in a relief.

"You idiotic checker-mat! It could've found us!"

"And, what is this it?"

"It does not have a proper name, I've only seen it once during the playing of hide and seek . . . It's an entity that appears different to everybody. If it catches you, it will swallow you whole and each time a person gets eaten it will get bigger, complicating the game as each round goes by. Which there are four, four rounds of this &/#*!" Jax had explained in a meekly quiet voice, I had shivered with discomfort.

Swallow you whole? Absurd.

"I guess the eating part will not be permanent? I swear Caine said something about it . . . "

"Yes, but it's still a terrifying experience. I've seen Kinger get eaten once, though funny, terrifying." I had hummed in a quick response, sitting still to achieve a success to the next round or to be found by Gangle . . .