『1』

(There will be some vulgar language at times despite it being the first year. I apologize for the inconvenience.)

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

     The Kloet's were a rather well known pure-blood family. They resided in a mansion that the founder had titled Kloet View, although not quite as big as Malfoy Manor which they had visited a few times.

Since the members of the family usually went to Hogwarts and were known to be mostly Slytherin or Ravenclaw (leaning more to the Slytherin side), they weren't too big of jerks as you might expect. Or at least, they try not to be. Although they aren't always too successful.

Deimos Kloet was a tall man, with a good set of dark hair that he liked to fluff out slightly yet keep fixed up. He often wore suit-like robes, usually in the color black. He was rather pale due to neglecting his hunger a lot. He worked for the Ministry of Magic, having close connections to a lot of the members there thanks to his good friend Lucius Malfoy. 

Ruth Kloet (maiden name being Grimrose) was a woman with a pretty face and of average height. She has a hair color similar to her daughter. Often times, she can be seen wearing comfortable muggle clothing or the most comfortable wizard clothing she can find, yet she usually finds a way to adjust the muggle clothing and make it more wizard-like. She used to write for the Daily Prophet alongside her old friend Rita Skeeter, until her retirement.

She was liked, however, due to the fact that she chose to stay on the more truthful side. Wizards and witches who wanted to read upon more accurate news would often read what she wrote instead of Rita's works, but if they wanted juicy gossip and fun stories, they'd read Rita's works. Although, there were some who believed Rita was the truthful one. Moving on.

She had announced in the Prophet that she was going to retire, her reason being was that she was now going to be a mother. Although, it had come as a bit of a shock for her. She thought that she ought to have kept her legs closed and waited a bit further into her marriage with Deimos, but it is what it is. (dont kill me pls, this is a quote taken from the DP obvs pookies)

So, a good several years later, here was the little problem. It had grown a good deal and was ready to be sent off to school and the mother would have almost a whole year of absolute undisturbed peace, time all to herself. Don't get her wrong, she loved the kid with all her heart...

But a bit of alone time would be nice. The house all to herself, just sleeping in all day... Until her husband got home, of course. Then she would have to get up and greet him. It was ideal.

Ruth quietly entered the room that her daughter, age 11 at the moment, currently slept in. Her Hogwarts acceptance letter had arrived just this morning, brought to them by her personal favorite owl of the two the family had bought, Elvira.

She gazed down at the sleeping figure of her daughter, a content smile gracing her features as she did so. Her daughter was so cute... especially with the knowledge that in a few days or so she'd finally be out of her sight and she'd be all alone until night for a whole year...

Actually, it was another month away. Such a disappointment it was to remember that.

Ruth shook her daughter awake, brushing her tangled, messy hair out of her face. (Y/n) stirred with a groan, her hand slowly going up to her throat. She'd been a bit sick lately but didn't want to take medicine.