『5』

ᔕᗩIᗪ I ᗯᗩᔕ ᖇEᔕᑭOᑎᔕIᗷᒪE, ᑎOT ᔕᗰᗩᖇT.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

"Potter, hold on a moment."

Potter turned around to face the person that had called out to him. Upon seeing that it was (Y/n), a look of distrust came upon his face. It was clear that simply for being friends with Draco, he didn't trust her very much.

She didn't think he'd every trust her, but oh well, not like there was anything she could do about it for now. He was too stubborn to just look past who she's connected with. Granger and Weasley had been accompanying Potter.

He'd just come out from Hagrid's hut, they'd been having tea there after a wild Quidditch match that Potter had won against Slytherin.

"You did good out there. Of course, it might have been luck, but considering you're only a first year and against far more experienced players, that's pretty impressive." (Y/n) spoke up, offering him a lazy yet friendly grin.

"Thanks." Potter replied simply, to which Weasley elbowed him harshly in the ribs and he gasped in pain, turning to look at Weasley.

"Leave it, she's being nice, isn't she?" The ginger muttered. Although Granger was rather frustrated with (Y/n), considering her to be an academic rival in Potions class, she too nodded in agreement. Nothing wrong with making friends.

"I don't trust her." Potter told them, sighing in annoyance.

"You've got it muddled, I don't have any hidden agendas here." (Y/n) assured him, holding up her hands as if to demonstrate her innocence. "I've been nothing but nice to you and your friends. Isn't that right, Weasley? Granger?"

"Call me Ron." The ginger replied, extending a hand. (Y/n) was somewhat surprised by this but the thought wasn't unwelcomed. She took his hand, shaking his hand firmly.

"Hermione." The muggle-born also reached out her hand and (Y/n) shook hers as well, smiling.

"Well, I gotta say, it feels really nice to have Gryffindors be so friendly to me..." (Y/n) chuckled shyly, pulling her hands away and fiddling subtly with the sleeves of her robes. "Usually, all I get is dirty looks for being a Slytherin and friends with Draco. Not like I can do much about it."

"About what? The looks?" Hermione asked with furrowed brows, crossing her arms.

"Being friends with Draco. I'd get in trouble if I wasn't."

"Bloody hell... that's a stupid thing to get in trouble over if you ask me." Ron commented, looking surprised, sympathetic and amused all at once. "Why though?"

"Hm... Did you know my family is made up entirely of purebloods?" (Y/n) inquired, crossing her arms. Ron nodded... well, obviously. "Draco's as well, that's clear though. Well, my family isn't too keen on breaking that chain and throwing away all those years of upholding their status of a pureblood family. So... oh, looks like you guessed it, Hermione, haha."

"But that's awful!" Hermione exclaimed, stepping forward. "Why would they tell you while you're still this young, too?"

"Oh, they didn't tell me. Me and Draco were eavesdropping and happened to hear it." (Y/n) shrugged it off, crossing her arms.