『2』

ᗪOᑌᗷᒪE TᖇOᑌᗷᒪE.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Almost immediately, the door swung open and they were greeted by a stern-looking witch in emerald green robes. (Y/n)'s first thought was of her grandmother on her mothers side, Endora Benedict. She never did take on her grandfathers surname (Grimrose).

(Y/n) looked around at all of the other first years, saw Harry, and waved. To her surprise, he saw her and waved back with an uncertain grin, which was a shame. (Y/n) turned back to look at the witch.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall." Hagrid introduced.

"Thank you, Hagrid, I will take them from here."

McGonagall pulled the door open wide and (Y/n) marveled at the entrance hall. She was quite sure she'd never seen anything quite as big as this, unless... maybe Gringotts, but she couldn't tell which was bigger. It'd be funny if the ceiling somehow fell down on them and killed them all.

They followed McGonagall as she led them into an empty chamber off the hall, clustering together. She then proceeded to dive into a detailed explanation about the Sorting Ceremony, as well as the different Houses you may be sorted into depending on you. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, RavenClaw and Slytherin. Triumphs earn House Points, rule-breaking loses points. Then stuff about the House Cup.

"I shall return when we are ready for you." She said. "Please wait quietly."

(Y/n) shuffled slightly closer to the front of the crowd, as did Draco. She could hear Harry asking Ron how they sorted them.

"Some sort of test, I think." Replied Ron. "Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking."

"A test?" (Y/n) half-whispered, suddenly uneasy. Although, she should be fine, right? Her mother mentioned something about a test, maybe. Should she have studied beforehand? All of the other first years seemed anxious as well, but of course, Draco still had a calm expression. (Y/n)'s anxiety didn't remain for long... if she didn't get something good, well... lifes tough, get a helmet.

She soon remembered her mothers words about some sort of Sorting Hat. Sorting HAT, Sorting CEREMONY... Soon enough she jogged her memory, as a series of ghosts streamed through the walls, arguing.

She only looked up when one of the ghosts addressed the first years. How cursed yet blessed they are... "New students! About to be Sorted, I suppose?"

She nodded, along with a few others. This was the Fat Friar, as it seemed.

"Hope to see you in Hufflepuff!" He exclaimed gleefully. "My old House, you know."

(Y/n) chuckled and heard a scoff next to her, no doubt from Malfoy. She remembered his words from Madam Malkins.

"You might just get placed into Hufflepuff, Draco." She whispered as Professor McGonagall came back, leaning towards him and watched as a frown made its way onto his face. "Think you'll leave?"

"Please, you don't really think that I'd be sorted into Hufflepuff?" He asked with narrowed eyes, crossing his arms. (Y/n) looked him up and down as they and the first years got into a line at McGonagall