The Crappy Party

Dr. Connors: This is incredible! I have never seen anything quite like this!

We had Connors come to EMF after college hours were over. Giving him a sample of Smythe's blood. Connors was looking at the sample through a microscope.

Harry: Well? Any ideas?

Dr. Connors: It's similar to my DNA as the Lizard. But the structure is more refined. Sturdy. I don't think there's a cure to this.

Spider-man: There has to be.

Peter: We could try to program the nanobots to eliminate the disease in his body.

Dr. Connor: It won't work. The disease is already entangled with his DNA structure. If we do, we'll end up killing him.

There's gotta be a way. There has to be.

Mania: Perhaps Anti-Venom could help.

Mania presented herself out in the open. Everyone had their eyes on her.

Mania: If "we" remember correctly, the symbiote Flash wears can cure any disease. Just ask him to remove whatever is in Smythe's body, and he'll be cured.

We all just stood there in silence. She's right. The Anti-Venom can cure anything. It'll help Smythe.

Peter: I... I can't believe we haven't thought of that.

Dr. Connors: It might be difficult, even for the Anti-Venom.

Spider-man: We gotta try, at least. He's dying Connors.

Peter: I'm Flash can do it.

Connors looked over at me.

Dr. Connors: Stay clear of him. The Anti-Venom may be mindless, but it still pose a threat to your symbiote.

Spider-man: I'll keep that in mind. Well, let's do this. We'll cure Smythe and send him back home. If we can.

---------------------------------------------------

Flash arrived in mere minutes after Pete called him. Right now, he's in a secluded room with Smythe. White tendrils were sticking to him. Just seeing those made "our" skin crawl.

Mania: Anti-Venom. Always hated it.

Spider-man: Because it could potentially kill you?

Mania: No. Because it's technically my superior. Having the ability to burn any symbiotes just by touching it, creating weapons. That's something that I lack.

Spider-man: C'mon. You beat Carnage. That's an opponent that doesn't go down easily. Yet he did.

Mania: That doesn't mean anything. Cletus is a plain human with serious issues. You're an enhanced human. Of course I'll be able to beat him. If you were anywhere like him, Carnage would win. When it comes down to it, I'm just like Venom. Only denser.

Spider-man: You're nothing like Venom. You saved me and Pete the moment you were born. You have the qualities to become greater than both Venom and Carnage.

She was quiet. Probably thinking over my words. My phone buzzed somewhere in the suit. Mania brought it out for me.

Spider-man: Hello?

Gwen:(Call) Y/n! Where are you?

Spider-man: I'm with my friend, Pete. What's up?

Gwen:(Call) The party. We're all gonna meet up in an hour. I hope you didn't forget.

Party? Oh, that's right.

Spider-man: Where's it gonna be? You told me about it, but never said where.