56. Big old family bug 2

⚠️talk of medication and sickness⚠️

Nick Nelson:

Everybody's feeling somewhat better now, Charlie's recovery is slow but the kids are fine. "Aves can you watch over riv ? I'm just taking some toast up too pap." She turned around and smiled, she nodded and I smiled back, "thank you darling." I walked upstairs and knocked on the bedroom door. "Come in." Charlie croaked. I walked in and Charlie was leaned up against the headboard with nothing but his boxers on, he had our ceiling fan and a stand up fan right on him but even then it looked like it wasn't helping him. He had a wet rag on his head and his beautiful black curls smudged against his forehead,  being held back by sweat. "Oh char." I said, he just sighed and lightly chuckled, followed by a coughing fit. "Gosh you really are unwell aren't you ?" I walked over to him and he nodded, I felt his head and it wasn't as bad as it was. "Ehhh, your getting there Charlie." I whispered, I gave him a kiss on the bead. "Gross." Charlie whispered, he looked up at me and I smiled at him. "I have some toast for you, just take small nibbles." I whispered. "Mkay." He whispered, I passed him the past and I sat down beside him. "So." He started. "'Mhm ?". "My aunt just died." I shot forward and looked at him. "CHAR, IM SO SORRY SWEETHEART." I engulfed him in a hug and he was backing me away with his hands, I looked him confused and he just laughed. "no nick, she's the one who was taking the piss out of me at the dinner table for my ed when times were rough, remember ?". "Ohhhhh." I said, "your still not upset about it though ?" I asked. "Nah." He said crunching on toast, "it was bound to happen, she was a bad smoker." He said removing the excess crumbs from his lips. "O-okay." I smiled, I've never seen someone more not upset over a family member dying. "Are these meds making you high or something ?" I laughed. "No i don't think so." He giggled, "I do need to go to the pharmacy again soon though, get back on that birth control pill." I groaned, "Ughh whyyy". He chuckled, "well unless you want 90 baby Nicholas Nelson's running around, I think it's the best idea". He giggles, "but want it I want 90 baby's running around ?" He looks at me and raises an eyebrow, "and why would you want that ?" He questions, "because" I say grabbing his chin. "That would mean 90 rounds wouldn't it?" He thinks for a second and then his face goes red. "NICHOLAS NELSON !" He shouts, i snort and he gets up, "I'm gonna for a shower, YOUR NOT INVITED." He huffs, I roll my eyes and blow up a kiss, he grabs it from the air and holds his hand up to his lips, he begins walking away. "Was that a yes ?" I giggle. He sighs, "go check on your children." I smile and leap up.

Charlie nelson:

I get out the shower and get into some fresh pjs, I walk into the living room and see Nick rocking river in a slow motion. "Hello mr Nelson's." I say, he turns around and smiles. "Look it's papa." He whispered into rivers ear, I walked over and picked river up out of his hands, "hey baby boy." I muttered softly rubbing his stomach. "That's my good boy." I smiled, I handed him back to nick and suddenly realised I haven't seen Avery in a while. "Hey sweetie where Avery ?" I asked. "Uhh I'm not sure ?" He said, I looked at him confused and walked upstairs, I knocked on Avery's door. "Come in." She muttered. I walked in and she was flapping her arms up and down, stimming. "Hey, hey calm down your okay I'm here aves." I walked over too her and hugged her. "I-I just feel really b-burnt out." She cried into my chest, her breathing staggered. "Hey that's okay darling, I felt like that too at school, that's not your fault." I looked over at her desk and there were piles of homework, I could tell she got angry and frustrated by the snapped pens and rulers on the ground. I hugged her even tighter and gently stroked my fingers through her delicate ginger hair, "how about I'll call your teachers about the homework issue and you do as much as you can." She nods her head and hugs me, "Thank you papa." She hasn't called me "papa" in about 5 years, she calls me pap now as she's getting older, "that's okay Avery bear." I used to call her Avery bear when she was younger, she smiled and I left her room, I picked up my phone and ring the school after I was on the landing.

S: "hello this is Higgs secondary school how may we help ?"

C: "hello this is Charles Nelson, Avery's father"

S: "ah hello mr Nelson, is Avery okay ? She
didn't turn up today"

C: "Avery is getting over flu and is currently recovering, but she can't do so with all the homework that's been flooding her way"

The receptionist sighs, an annoyed, wound up groan.

S: "And what can we do to help you with that sir ?"

C: "I'm not making up excuses here because I'm not like that but my daughter is autistic, she is also unwell and flooding her already loud mind sigh piles of homework will not help. She's done what she can to her best ability and has completed at-least half, she needs to get well rested and better before she returns to her regular school life."

S: "mhmmm...and have you talked to a counciler about this ?"

C: "yes, several." I say, I feel myself getting angry

S: "right, we'll has she done all of it ?"

C: "like I've said 2 times now, she's done it to her best ability, she's sick."

S: "mmmm fine, but unless she's still vomiting Avery needs to be back in school within the next 48 hours." She says.

C: "fine, whatever"

S: "Mkay Mr Nelson, bye now." She hangs up and I sigh, "so fucking pathetic." I mumble.