One, A Party That's Not Elliana's

Cole grabbed a blue dress. "What about this one?"

"Doesn't fit." Ryan said.

"Then why'd you buy it?" Cole asked.

"Found it at the thrift shop. It was like, five bucks. Plus, it does fit, but I'll have to find a bunch of safety pins. I'm too lazy for that."

Looking around her closet, Ryan got a bright idea. "Get out. I want to try something."

Cole exited Ryan's closet and sat on her bed. Ryan slammed the door and quickly changed into the dress. She exited the closet.

Cole looked at her quizzically. She was wearing a bright red velvety dress with a high collar, long sleeves, and was long enough to cover what had to be covered, and nothing more. That was a popular style, and it looked good on a lot of people, but it wasn't her style, and she wasn't pulling it off any time soon.

"Uhm... you sure about this one?" Cole's voice raised an octave.

"I'm kidding, weirdo." Ryan snickered, plopping down on the bed.

"Ooh, I have an idea." Cole walked up and left the room, just as Aiden walked in.

"Dude! What are you doing in my room!" Ryan yelled.

"You're taking too long! Cole needs to get to practice."

"I need his help to find an outfit." Ryan said.

"Why don't you go find some friends to help you with this?"

Immediately, the words struck a chord, but she's grown to be an expert at not letting it show. While she normally spent a long time thinking about what she was about to say before she said it, this was Aiden. She didn't care what he thought, so she let her quick tongue take it away. "Why don't you go get a life instead of bothering me for who I'm getting my fashion advice from?"

Aiden laughed. "Why don't you talk like this in school?"

"I actually care about my reputation in school. I could care less what you think about me."

"I could ruin your reputation at school. I wouldn't, like, ever, but I could."

"I'm not scared that you will."

"Why not?" Aiden paused for a moment. "Oh, because Cole would murder me."

Now Ryan paused. "Yes, but I'd have beaten him to it."

"Fair."

Cole walked in at that moment. "Fresh from Mom's closet." He tossed a black dress with a pleated skirt at her then walked into the closet.

"Cole, this is a christmas party. I can't wear black." Ryan said.

"That's what this is for." Cole said, exiting the closet and tossing a sparkling silver belt at her.

"Are you sure it's enough?" Ryan asked.

"Trust me."

Ryan shrugged and entered the closet to change. She could hear the boys chatting in her room.

"Why do you care about this stuff?" Aiden asked.

"Eh. Fashion stuff is fun." Cole said.

"Alright. Cool."

Ryan exited and looked at herself in the mirror. Cole was right; it looked amazing. As was to be expected, Cole was smiling proudly. Aiden, though, had a weird grin on his face. He looked, surprisingly, impressed.

"You look good." He admitted shyly. Ryan almost laughed. Aiden wasn't ever shy. About anything. "But, Cole, we have to go." By this point, he'd already started dragging Cole out of the room.