Four, One Awkward Dinner

Elliana was snickering and talking to Cole and Aiden. The latter was surprisingly funny. Not that Cole wasn't funny, he just wasn't surprisingly so. Her laughter stopped as soon as she saw Jason.

"Um... hey. Nice to meet you." Aiden said, walking over to Jason. "I'm Aiden."

Immediately Jason grinned and turned to Ryan. "Nice to meet you, Aiden. I've heard a lot about you."

Aiden's eyebrow shot up. Ryan's face turned beet red. "Shut up, Jason!" She said, slapping his arm lightly.

Jason's grin faded when he looked at Elliana. "Hi."

Elliana stared at the boy who'd broken her heart for a long time. It was hard, just looking at him, let alone talking with him. She managed a nod and turned to look at Cole. "Do you mind if I stay for dinner?" She asked.

"Sure. Uh... are you staying too, Jason?" Cole asked.

Elliana could feel Jason's eyes on her, asking for permission, but she couldn't look at him.

Ryan, seeming to want to diffuse the tension, looked up. "Sure." Aiden, Cole, go play one of your dumb video games."

Elliana shot the other girl a silent glare, and she looked flustered for a moment. "Um, and take Jason with you."

"Sure." Cole said, already walking away. "Ever played Five Nights At Freddy's?"

"FNAF?" Ryan shot up. "Okay, I'm playing."

Elliana shot Ryan another glare. "Uh... and Elliana, you come too." Now Elliana was glaring harder. "I mean... uh... I don't know what I mean, actually." She shot a pleading look at Cole.

"Ryan, Aiden and I will teach you guys to play." Cole offered, looking flustered. Elliana and Ryan face-palmed in unison.

But Elliana didn't want to make it seem like she was avoiding Jason, and she didn't want Aiden to feel uncomfortable, so she just nodded and walked off, trudging past Jason before turning around.

"I actually don't know where your basement is." She said.

Aiden snorted and led the group down to the den. Elliana noticed how his fluffy hair had vaguely grown to the shape of the top of a mushroom. It suited him well, though, and he looked immensely attractive. Not that Elliana was interested. Just a vague observation. Plus, it was easier to look at him than Jason. Frankly, it was easier to look at anyone in this den than to look at Jason. Except maybe Ryan.

The other girl's betrayal had been almost easy for Elliana. She'd never liked Ryan. The fact that she was constantly hanging out with her ex was just an excuse not to talk to her.

As soon as they entered the basement, seating arrangements were contemplated. The couch could seat three comfortably, and there were two beanbags up front. Jason seemed to immediately acknowledge that he wasn't sitting anywhere near Elliana, so he took a beanbag. Aiden took the other beanbag, but now Elliana was left sharing a couch with Ryan. She scowled at the girl, who scowled for a second.

She kicked Aiden lightly. "Hey. My chair."

"I'm not moving." He snorted and grinned.

Ryan turned to scowl at Elliana for a moment. "Fine." She said and sat down on Aiden's lap.

He snickered, surprised. Elliana looked to Cole, who was surprised. Jason was grinning at Ryan like a maniac.

"Okay." Aiden laughed.

"My chair is my chair."

Only Elliana could see it from her position on the couch, but Ryan was blushing like crazy. Although from his angle, she was pretty sure Jason could see it too.