•*Part 14*•

•*I keep wanting more and more
A warm dream of you*•

Race day had arrived, and Lando's excellent weekend performances fueled hopes for a podium. Mika strolled through the paddock with Luna, Maya, and Alex—her staying in the McLaren garage contrasting with her friends' staying in Alpha Tuari for the weekend. Despite the separation, they would frequently meet up in the paddock hospitality.

Excitement pulsed through Mika as she anticipated the race. Lando's impressive showings and the McLaren garage's vibrant atmosphere set the stage. After dropping her friends at her cousin's garage, Mika, fashionably late, greeted Oscar, Lando's teammate, before making her way to Lando's driver room.

Knocking lightly, she heard Lando's invitation to enter. Peeking through the door, Mika apologized for her tardiness, not wanting to disrupt his pre-race preparations. Lando, appreciative of her presence, welcomed her with a smile. As she entered, he conveyed her support, "I'm just glad you're here. I've been kind of stressed; it being a home race and all, and I really don't want to disappoint the team."

Sharing a hug, Mika assured Lando of his capabilities, "You've been showing great results this whole weekend, Lando. You're a skilled driver, remember that." Tempted to kiss his cheek, she refrained, saving such distractions for after the race. Lando, expressing concerns about the car's performance, retreated to his couch. Mika, sitting beside him, reassured him with a weak smile, "You've got this, Lando. Don't talk down on yourself. You're going to get that podium."

Grateful for her encouragement, Lando, feeling undeserving, admitted, "I really don't deserve all this kindness." Mika silenced him, asserting, "Yes, you do, Lando. Everyone deserves kindness." A knock interrupted their moment, signaling Lando's summons to the garage as the race neared. Standing up, Mika halted him, offering final words of support, "You got this, Lando." With a smile and a pat on the back, he left for the for the race.

•*——————————*•

landonorris