Chapter Five

Piercen shuts the car door walking through the parking lot. Cars filled in every parking slot making Piercen regret coming this time of day. He makes his way ignoring the people walking by. Not one of them able to attract his attention when he finally found the one he has been searching years for in Benjamin.

Suddenly today every woman he passes by does not cause him to once glance their way. They are simply people he does not care about and this fact reassures him this time it is different. All the countless times he would go into town and saw a beautiful woman he'd turn her way. His eyes scanning her up and down. Observing the women who caught his attenion. He never talked to any but loved to look even when he had someone at home. But now it isn't like countless times before. Beyond different by the way he feels inside.

Satified, content and speechless for words to express how he feels. The way his heart skipped an actual beat for another man he knew instantly this was what he was waiting for. Each one of those emotions he has longed to feel towards another person and at last he has all of them.

He steps inside the only grocery store in this small town. Expensive, crowded, and a place prone to see someone you know. Not something Piercen likes to do when all he wants is to get his groceries and go back home. Avoiding people, civilzation in general is what he perfers as he grabs a basket for a few groceries he is intending to buy. His mind set to get what he needs and leave to avoid others and the likeiness he might run into someone and a conversation will begin. This fear formed from the uncomfortable feeling he develops whenever he does have to socialize with people.

The thought has crossed his mind of one day letting something slip out he didn't want to. One wrong word. One wrong answer and everything would come crashing down. He would be arrested guaranteed. Sentenced to prison where he doesn't want to go. He might be strong living on his own in the outside world against women and Benjamin but he is no match to the people locked behind bars. He wouldn't stand a chance and he knows it. Which is why that is never going to happen. Can't. Not now when he found Benjamain, felt something for the man.

'It's not going to happen. I won't let it.' he says to himself in his head walking through the fresh vegetable aisle. Scanning through what he should pick. He can easily cook for himself from scratch and that is what his plan is. Cook Benjamin a good meal. Hot, warm and flavorful. Vegetable lasagna sounds good but could turn into a mess if Benjamin threw the dish at him. Perhaps something simple instead, something that will not come back on him and stain his clothes. Because staining any more clothes of his will force him to buy more. He already has to from the blood mess Helen left on his last set. All the blood he had to soak up and clean. What a mess.

Something simple it is.

"Piercen?" a familar older woman's voice calls taking Piercen by surprise. He isn't in the mood for socialization especially not with this woman if his assumption of who she is is right.

He reluctantly forces himself to turn his body around and look at the older woman in her late sixites he has known for years. A family friend of his parents, not his. An old retired woman with nothing better to do than get into other people's lives and spread gossip. Not the type of person he needs to be surrounding himself around. God knows she wouldn't be able to shut herself up if she knew everything Piercen has managed to keep hidden. She would be talking nonstop even adding in details that happened to be false.

With a fake smile he greets the woman in a friendly manner as well as push away the worry. "Mrs. Sommers it is nice to see you. How are you?"

'Nice to see you my a-'

"Oh you know the same ole' same ole'. Watching my grandkids Tyler, Erin and Scottie. I visited Angela yesterday. You know her? She worked at the high school in the office. Yes you know her. Oh she is such a lovely woman but it is so sad about her daughter. Can you believe she is getting a divorce? After all those years and kids. It is such a shame..." the woman continues to go on gossiping about the lives of people he does not care to know.