Chapter Ten

Benjamin has built a great disguise he is sure Piercen cannot see through. Pretending to give in to being Piercen's new love interest was not his first option. Benjamin hated the idea to see the sick man as someone he can fall in love with. What normal person wouldn't? Fall in love with a killer, a monster of a person? It doesn't sound normal in any way and was not what Benjamin saw his life to come down to but it has.

Over the passing weeks he has managed to push his pride down to overcome his biggest obstacle in his life right now. Portraying himself as a drunk who can be manipulated and led into kissing and falling for an insane killer. His circumstances are well beyond most normal people's hiccups in the road to attempt but for Benjamin one already comes naturally to him. The other involving kissing and such he rather not do, a struggle he is dealing with each time he is forced to spend hours beside Piercen whose persuasion towards him has been an ongoing project of his to get Benjamin to fall in love with him. Something Benjamin has found easy to trick Piercen into thinking he is.

'He doesn't even realize it. I have him wrapped around my finger believing my every word that I can fall in love with him when that's never going to happen. I'm not gay and I never will be.'

Benjamin's mind ponders, wanders as he sits on the hard cement ground. Dirty, smelly and darkness thick in the air of the confined surroundings unable to leave. Soreness in his wrists has began to lessen from what he originally experienced when he first arrived. Always trying to think of a way to leave, tugging and failing to get free.

He has long given up on a wasted struggle but accepted his one way out is to manipulate the man into believing he is in love with him so freedom can be reached. He smiles at the thought of someday soon he will leave this deranged man's house and never have to see him again but the happiness brought on disappears as last night lingers into his mind.

********

The sun is setting outside, the birds chirping in the peaceful background as the wildlife wander about none of which Benjamin has seen in weeks, months. Constant silence leaves him deprived of the outside world, the sunlight and sounds besides his own thoughts, the radio he possesses, and Piercen's talking.

The night starting like the rest ending in a visit by his truly worst nightmare shuffling down each step entering the darkness. 'What does he want now?' Benjamin asks himself looking up to see Piercen walk closer to him. No food in hand, nothing but his own presence. 'You can get through this again. Fake it. Pretend to like him and be everything he wants. In time it will all pay off and I'll be free. He'll pay for what he did to Helen. Just breathe and tonight will be over and I'll be one step closer to him allowing me upstairs.'

"I missed you." Piercen says wearing a sinister smile across his face which scares Benjamin as if he can be read of his every intention and thought. Completely terrifying to someone like himself trying to convince a killer he loves him when he obviously doesn't. He doesn't want anything to do with him. At least his mind doesn't but his body when intoxicated wants something else.

"I missed you too." I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't miss you. I don't like you. I don't love you. I don't want anything to do with you. "How was your day?"

"I'm starting to wonder if you're just saying what you think I want to hear to please me. Trying hard to act in front of me." he stays where he is standing in the middle of the room.

'Fuck! Stay calm, don't show any sign of lying in front of him! Make him believe you! Do whatever you have to do!' He yells internally breaking under the dark menacing eyes Piercen has reading him from the inside out. His plan seems to be unfolding before it could start unless, "I won't lie to you. I....I wanted to leave. I was upset. I was angry but that was before I realized what I have here, what you give me."