Two

I got home and was still in a daze, the pure torture and unbearable pain scarred into his eyes branded into the backs of my eyes.

'Hey honey!' My mum called from the kitchen. 'Hi.' I called back, taking my shoes off. 'Anything interesting happen at school today?' She asked.

'Well yeah, actually,' I told her, rubbing the back of my neck. I proceeded to tell her about Jaime, Tony and Mike; leaving out the boy with the eyes.

'Aah, that's really cool!' I smiled and went upstairs to get changed. I put on a black tank with a skull on it and simple black jeans. I sat at my desk with my head in my hands, wondering if I should ask about the boy tomorrow when my phone buzzed, indicating a text.

'hai, its jaime. i got ur number off ana. c:' it read. I smiled and felt complimented.

I added his contact before texting him back. 'Heya! How are you?' as it sent I started doing simple makeup, just a dash of eyeliner and some primer.

As I finished it vibrated again. 'good, just doing hwk. u? x' I smiled and giggled a bit at the x at the end.

Me and Jaime talked for a while, about music, teachers and homework until my mum called me down for supper.

I took my phone down with me and my little sister made ridiculous flirty eyes at me and said, 'Who's texting you?' I rolled my eyes, 'A friend. At least I have them.'

Rebecca stuck her tongue out at me and got up from the sofa to eat. After I ate it all I went back up to my room to play guitar. I tried to write more of the song I'd been practicing when Jaime came in, but nothing was coming.

'Uhg, Jaime I'm trying to write but I can't think of anything omg.' It wasn't long before I got a reply. 'awh. :c dont worry, something will come'

'Hmm, I hope so.' I put my phone back down on the desk and swished my pen around on the page. 'The moment between life and death..' I started to murmur.

'Write out your heart, darling you'll be okay..'

Those four words sparked a whole range of ideas, and I wrote for the whole night. Even when my mum came in, I was just scribbling down chords and lyrics. I didn't need to try them out, I already knew how the tab and chords would sound together. I even added in a bass part.

The next day was Saturday, so I had a chance to edit the song, though I didn't need to much. I just had to change some lyrics around to fit the song.

I didn't want to play it through, because I wanted to try it with the bass and both guitar parts at the same time.

'Hey, hey guess what? :D' Was the text I sent to Jaime the next day. Quick to reply (as always) he asked what and I said, 'I finished the song! And I have two guitar parts and bass. ;)'

'really? thats awesome, well done' he replied, 'u want want me to come round with mike and we could play it thru if u want?' he'd do that? 'Seriously? That would be great, but I don't want you to cancel anything just to practise my song..'

'haha, im not doing anything. where do u live, ill get mike and be over in about half an hour' I gave him my address and waited gleefully.

'Mum, I'm having some friends over for a session, that okay?' I shouted down the stairs. 'Yeah sure. Try not to be TOO loud please?' I laughed. 'Your dad will be home soon by the way.' I nodded and smiled. 'Okay. Thanks mum!'

It wasn't long before the doorbell rang. I rushed to open it but Rebecca got there first. 'You look wierd.' She said to the two guys standing side by side outside the door. Jaime laughed under his sunglasses and black hoodie, blowing minty breath from his chewing gum in my sister's face.