06. DANCE WITH ME!

"L/N-KUN, go check if the electrical wiring in here has any problems." jinpachi circles an area on the map before handing it to him. the paper crinkles in y/n's hands as he inspects it. "you always give me the weirdest jobs, ego-san."

"it's what assistants like you are supposed to do. take it or leave it."

"you literally made me pay someone to do your laundry yesterday."

"so what? you wanna do them instead?" jinpachi clicks his tongue. "mind you, i had to pay four thousand yen out of my own pocket for that. it wasn't even a kilogram."

"i think that last sentence says a lot about you, ego-san."

jinpachi stands up and pushes y/n out the door,

"get out."

before slamming it on his face.

surveying the map given to him, y/n tilts his head.  "ego-san's office isn't even drawn in here."

the longer y/n wanders in the dormitory, the more unfamiliar the map becomes.

"i wish i paid someone to deliver my phone here instead of a laundry service for ego-san..." y/n mumbles.

as his eyebrows are furrowed together, y/n goes to resume his journey until—

"what are you doing?"

y/n jerks his head around, his e/c hues meeting bright yellows. y/n scans the male before him and notices he's wearing a bodysuit with black with grey stripes, a pentagon of the number 265 and the letter "z" embedded on his shoulder. y/n assumes he would be one of the players.

"oh! you're that glasses guy's sidekick!"

"glasses... what?"

his doe-like eyes crinkle as he grins at y/n. "i'm bachira meguru!" he leans closer, and y/n takes a step back. "what's that on your hands?"

"a map." y/n holds it out to meguru, pointing at the circle jinpachi drew. "ego-san wants me to check the electrical wiring in this area, but i don't know where it is."

"an ultra mega outline of the prison!" meguru moves closer to y/n as he gawks, not noticing the way his dark curls tickle against y/n's face. "woah, what a coincidence! i'm actually going there right now!"

y/n shuffles away, and his eyes wince when meguru beams. he feels like he's being blinded by the sun. "...is that so?"

"let's go together!" hugging y/n's arm, the latter nearly stumbles from the sudden shift. meguru begins to lead them forward as he chirps, "i wanna know more about what kind of person that glasses guy has for an assistant! plus, having a map makes it feel like i'm on an adventure! a soccer side quest!"

oh, y/n recognises those words from when seishiro sometimes told him about the games he's playing.

"wouldn't that make me a npc?" y/n murmurs.

"a bit! but don't worry, i'll unlock your character after your quest!" meguru sing-songs.

y/n lets out a hum. "you'd get along well with one of my friends, he likes that gaming thing a lot. but hmm..." y/n ponders as he glances at meguru. "he'll probably be overwhelmed by your energy, though."

meguru halts, his hands still snaked around y/n's arm, making y/n nearly stumble yet again. "why? are you overwhelmed by it right now?" he tilts his head, large eyes staring up at y/n, and the latter doesn't know what to make of his sudden change in behaviour.

y/n follows to tilt his head. "why would i be?"

as if the last few seconds didn't happen, meguru's face lights up again. "never mind then!" he chirps, and goes to continue leading the duo. "what other stuff do you do for your boss?"