~Chapter 7: tryouts~

I woke up the next morning at 11am skipping breakfast with a huge hangover but luckily I knew a spell to get rid of it which I was now thankful for knowing.

Once I had used the spell I got out of bed and headed towards my bathroom. I turned on the shower and waited for the water to get warm before getting ready to step in. I tied my hair up in a bun so that it didn't get wet as I was putting up for the tryouts anyways.

Once I had finished in the shower I made my way over to my wardrobe and threw on my quidditch uniform along with my captains badge as I was the captain of the team since Marcus had graduated the year before.

Once I got dressed I made my way over to the vanity and started on my hair putting it up into two Dutch braids. I then decided to do some light makeup so that I didn't look half dead or just that I had woken up.

I made my way down to the common room to meet up with Blaise who was helping me out with the tryouts as he was the captain when I can't play a game. I walked in seeing him already waiting for me on the sofas with his broom next to him.

"About time dude we haven't got all day we need to get going" Blaise spoke in a cocky attitude with a slight giggle. I just rolled my eyes at him laughing and heading towards the common room door with him directly following me.

We made our way to the field and noticed a few people there warming up and getting ready.

Once we had walked onto the field I looked at the stands noticing mattheo stood against the railing looking down at me. I jumped onto my broom flying up to him and asking "you just gunna sit and watch or take part riddle" he smiled at me shaking his head from me calling him riddle. "Oh darling I was just waiting for you to show up. And also it's mattheo to you" he smirked with a wink. I just rolled my eyes and laughed flying back down to the pitch with him following behind me.

Blaise had managed to get all the slytherins into a group ready to get on with tryouts but he couldn't get them to shut up. I landed next to him looking at the group of students rolling my eyes. Blaise tried to shut them up again but they wouldn't listen. I decided it was time to shut these fuckers up and shouted "all of you shut the fuck up or you can all do one".

Well... that got their attention. Anyways moving on.

"Right seekers up in the air. Chasers you as well. You're with me. The wrestling of you with Blaise." I spoke in an annoyed voice from them not knowing how to shut up.

Once I made it up into the air I realized that no one had gone for seeker, which is good because everyone knew that was my position. On the other hand there was about 10 or 12 chasers when we only need 3 this would either be really easy or really hard. But by the looks of things, it was going to be easier than last year.

I got them all going immediately taking notice of about 5 or 6 players. Draco malfoy, Enzo Berkshire, mattheo riddle, some random boy with long black oily hair who was okay actually and a girl called Layla day who I've seen around the school a few times. I've also noticed Enzo looking at her a lot to actually.

I looked over to where Blaise was to see how he was getting on. Blaise was a beater so we just needed one more as well as a keeper.

I told my group I will be back in a minute and to keep doing what I had sent them to do. They all nodded at me whilst I made my way over to Blaise's group to see how he thought everyone was doing.

He said he immediately took notice of Theo to be the other beater which I was thrilled about as he was on the team last year and he clearly stood out from the rest of the group.

He had also noticed a tall brown haired boy called Dan to be the keeper which also drew my eyes at him when he was in the goal with the others.

We both made a decision on who we think will be the best fit for the team and called everyone down to the ground.

"Alright everyone listen up. We have made our decision even tho it was hard we managed to do it without arguments unlike last year" I said as I glared at Blaise for the last part who put his hands up in surrender.

"Okay so the beater along side me for this years quidditch team is of course Theo he has been for 3 years and doesn't disappoint" Blaise said giving his friend a high five as he came over standing with us.

"The keeper for this year is Dan. Welcome to the team bro" Blaise said in a happy voice as the tall boy walked over next to Blaise and Theo.

"Alight losers time for the chasers" I said with a blank expression trying not no give any hints away. "First up little old Enzo" I said with a smile. He gave a loud whope as he got his name shouted out and ran over giving me a hug. "Okay next up is malfoy, Draco malfoy" I said laughing at my reference to when I first met him. He rolled his eyes at my joke and stood next to Dan. "The throws and final place on the team has been taken by non other than... drum roll please" I said raising my hands to the selected team to create some tension. "Mattheo riddle" I said smiling at him crossing my arms holding my broom. He smiled at me walking over to stand next to Enzo putting his arm around his shoulder. "Welcome to the team bro, you're one of us now" Enzo said with a smirk.

I slapped his arm telling him to shut up and he did. Thank god. "Sorry if you didn't make the team this year guys it was a tough choice" they all walked off the field and I turned to look at my new team saying " it really wasn't hard to be honest they were all shit" I said as they all burst out laughing walking back to our common room.

We all got changed out of our quidditch gear and me, pansy and the boys sat in the common room skipping dinner as it was already late enough.

I had decided to get changed into some shorts and a sports bra and made my way down seeing the group sat there laughing about something Draco had done in 2nd year when he got cough spying on the golden trio.

I sat down next to mattheo on the black leather sofa which was freezing cold. Theo looked at us and decided to play 2 truths and a lie.

Theo went first by saying " I am half Italian, i have commitment issues andddd oh I have dirty blonde hair" he looked at us waiting for an answer. "Erm Theo... they're all true" I said trying to stop myself from laughing along with the rest of the group. He rolled his eyes knowing I was right and smirked at me saying "well if you think that. You go next then Nola" "fine I will" I said smiling to my self knowing what I was going to say.

"Okay so 1. I have hazel eyes 2. I have an annoying twin brother and 3. A building once fell on top of me nearly killing me" I said smiling to the group. "Yeah yeah good one your supposed to make this hard" Theo said leaning back in his seat. "Erm Theo... her eyes are brown not hazel" mattheo said looking concerned at me and looked at Theo as if he's stupid.

"A BUILDING WHAT" Theo shouted causing us all to bust out laughing at his reaction. "Chill out dude am alive am I not" I said trying to stop myself from laughing. "Meh true" he said joining in laughing at us all.

After a few more rounds we all just sat talking about random stuff until I started shivering as the warm fire had gone out leaving just little bits of smoke up the chimney. Mattheo had noticed and took off his hoodie throwing it towards me motioning for me to put it on. I put it on and engaged back into the conversation.

After about an hour or so it was nearly midnight so I decided to head up to my dorm with the others saying night to me as I stood up walking away.

I felt a presence behind me so I turned around to see mattheo following behind me. "Shit sorry I forgot to give you your hoodie back" I said starting to take the hoodie he gave me off. "No no it's fine keep it, it looks better on you anyways" he replied with a smile. " I just wanted to come and say night" he said leaning against the wall opposite my dorm door as I leant back against my door following his actions. " goodnight Matt" I said smiling and kissing his cheek. "Good night Nola" he said kissing my cheek back but closer to my lips.

He lifted his head up and stared straight into my eyes as I did the same.

He then pulled me in by my waist kissing my lips gently as I kissed him back the same way. I pulled away looking up and smiling at him said goodnight and walking into my dorm.

I shut the door smiling to myself and getting a book off my book shelf sitting in bed reading a few pages before drifting off to sleep.