I'll miss you

I had gotten back to Kakashi's home before he did, which gave me time to think before having to deal with the mess I just had created. I knew I should have told him what I remembered. I knew it would catch up to me at some point, but I really was hoping that it would be a more closed and private conversation as opposed to being in front of the Hokage. 

I took a quick shower, drank some tea, and stayed alert to anything that may happen since Kakashi was not here. If the attack on the village had been from the same man as before then he could be coming after me, simply because I don't think this time travel thing was intended for me. Based off what I learned, he had been after Kakashi years ago and must still be in the future. This was such a mess...

Kakashi arrived a few hours later, the village panic must have died down and he was released back into his duty of babysitting me. I just laid back on my bed and closed my eyes when I heard the front door close before a soft knocking came to my door.

"You may enter." I hummed, my right leg crossed over my left knee, my foot shaking in the air. My anxiety had been getting the best of me the last few days, and the events of today did not help whatsoever.

He had entered, leaning through the doorway, and keeping the door open, not trying to really step foot in the room. I peeked at him out of one eye when he had not spoken for a minute. "Everything alright, Kakashi?" 

He cleared his throat. "Yes--well, alright enough I suppose. We haven't found the man who attacked but things have settled down and I talked to Itachi about the intel you gave me, it helped a lot, so I just wanted to say thank you and let you know not to worry."

I nodded my head. "I appreciate the update, I more so meant are *you* alright though."

He clearly hadn't been expecting that because he paused and stared at me. My cheeks almost went red with how long we kept eye contact before I had to raise an eyebrow to break the trance. 

"Oh, uh yeah... I'm fine." He cleared his throat. "Get some rest, I'll be up for the evening in case something more happens." He quickly closed the door and left me to put a pillow over my face and groan into it. I was having issues every day with looking at him since I remembered what happened, and the looks he gave me were not helping at all.

----------------------------------------------------

I wanted to talk to her about her dream, or memories I suppose. I was admittedly growing feelings for the pink cherry blossom girl, and I knew it was a horrible idea, and yet I couldn't help but stare into those damn bright green eyes. I fell onto my futon and sighed, putting my arms behind my head, and staring at the ceiling.

I couldn't get these feelings, I wasn't supposed to have them at all, she wasn't from my timeline. She couldn't stay forever, and I was doing nothing but preparing to hurt myself thinking about the possibility of us being anything more than friends or whatever in the future. Soon I wouldn't even remember her and--

That stopped any further thoughts. Soon nobody would remember any of this in relation to her, so would it hurt her or I really? Anything that happens in the next few days would be erased from our memories. I shook my head, get yourself together Kakashi, you can't just put together excuses so you can get a chance to kiss those beautiful...soft...lips...

I threw a pillow over my face. She is my student, I can't do that even if it is this odd situation where we are the same age, even if she did kiss a fake version of future me...that means she likes me, right? That means it wouldn't be a terrible thing if I did something...This was about to kill me, just fighting with myself this way. I moved the pillow from my face and sat up. Maybe if I just talked to her everything would be fine. I honestly just found myself wanting to be near her more.

I got up and went back to her door, knocking again and getting the same response to enter, but this time I closed the door behind me. I immediately went and sat on the edge of the bed. The look on her face showed me she was a bit shocked that I had causally approached her as if we were close or something.

"I wanted to talk to you about what you said back at the Hokage's office. About the memory you had about...kissing me? Or the fake me I guess."

Her face turned an adorable shade of pink out of embarrassment which gave me a strange fluttering feeling in my chest. Crap, she was so cute when she was nervous. I wanted to slap myself for the thoughts plaguing my mind. "I mean if you aren't willing to its fine, I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable."

She immediately stopped me. "No, we can talk, I just wasn't expecting that to be what you were worried about with all of what is going on."

"Yeah well, I'm just a little confused." I scratched the back of my head. "You said we were not anything in your time, but you willingly wanted me to kiss you. Which means you have some sort of feelings for me in the future, right?"

Her face got even more red, and she put a pillow over her face and screamed into it, which made me jump off the bed thinking I was about to get my ass beat for saying that. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you!" I hurried and said, prepared for something to hit me. What I didn't expect was the pillow being tossed in my direction which I easily caught. I looked at her with confusion plastered all over my face.

"I'm sorry, I just can't handle how interested you are in this without just saying what you're thinking." She laughed and kicked my thigh. "Do you want me to say yes? That I have feelings for you, Kakashi?"

I looked away and pursed my lips. "No, I just want to know what was going on with us. I have mixed feelings about it and not knowing everything is bothering me in a way it shouldn't."

She sighed. "Kakashi, we aren't anything in the future. You were my Sensei since I was a kid, yes, I am an adult now and technically it's still a bit taboo of a situation, but we aren't anything."

I looked back down at her. "But do you want it to be something, Sakura?"

She didn't answer for a minute, looking back up at the ceiling as she laid back. "Honestly, I don't know. I care about you; I like to think you care about me too. You have saved my life more times than I can count, but you are my Sensei. You are obligated to do that, right?"

I sat back down and looked at the pillow in my lap. "I guess so, but currently I cannot say that I would believe that I would protect someone I did or did not care for. I'm not this person you know from your time, I don't think my values are the same just yet."

"So, sitting here right now, if my life were in danger and I wasn't assigned to you for protection, you wouldn't do anything to save me, but you would instead save yourself if you had an easier way out without me?" She looked at me with those soft eyes that made me feel that strange tingling feeling again. It didn't take her long to look away though. "You aren't my Kakashi, I need to remember that. It's also not your fault. I'm not upset with knowing you would make a different decision than I would expect." She sighed. "I don't know what it is that changes you, but I promise you, whatever it is...things get better for you eventually and you seem to find some sort of happiness to help you heal."

For some reason that comforted me in a way nothing else had. Not knowing what that would be either, but knowing one day my pain wouldn't be so severe anymore made me feel hopeful for the first time in a long time. I took the chance to move to the other side of the bed and lay on my back, staring at the ceiling as well. "I'm going to miss you, Sakura..."

She rolled over and laid her head on my chest, wrapping her arm around my stomach. "I'm going to miss you too, Kakashi."