Chapter 2

In a bar that reeked of weed and alcohol sat a young lady, beauty was understatement describing how she looked, she had long waistline blonde thick hair and  a clear fair skin, she had hazel eyes and a nice dimple with an open teeth that you could see only when she smiles. she wore hoodie and sweatpants.

She used the cap of the hoodie to cover her head, to her face. Her head was bent down to the glass filled with drink in front of her. No one took note of these beauty, everyone faced their drink until when a random drunk man walked up to her. She sat at the bar stand in front of the bar man who was busy taking orders.

"Hey" he said in a husky drunk voice.

She didn't reply.

"I am talking to you" he said in the same voice.

"Piss off" she said in low threatening tone.

He held the cap to her hoodie and pulled it off sharply, she was about rising to her feet angrily when Ramiel pushed him off.

"She said piss off" he repeated sternly looking at the man in the eyes with a warning look.

The man looked frightened at him before turning away. Ramiel turned to her.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I could have handled him just fine" she snapped as she sipped from her drink not giving him a glance.

Rude.

Ramiel frowned "I just helped you out from getting harassed by that hoodlum" he said surprised at her attitude.

"I didn't ask for your help" she retorted still not looking at him.

"You know the least you can do is say thank you" Ramiel snapped.

"And why will I do that? I never asked for your help" she said finally turning to look at him.

Ramiel eyed her before walking away.

So much for helping out a stranger.

He walked up to Hans whose attention was on his glass, he didn't spare his friend a glance.

Ramiel sat down "she is so rude" he complained. Hans burst into a long and loud laughter "what is funny?" He ask.

"You should have left her" Hans said "instead you wanted to play a hero" he added.

"I just wanted to help her out. That man would have harassed her. She claimed that she can handle him and she doesn't need my help" Ramiel lamented.

"You meet a lady at a bar all by herself. You should know that definitely she would be prepared for the consequences of her action. This includes getting harassed" Hans said.

"I wonder what a lady will be doing at a bar by this time all by herself" Ramiel said.

"She is not your business Ramiel. She is one of these street girls if I am not mistaking" Hans said.

"I don't think so" Ramiel reply.

"...or she could be drinking herself to stupor after a long stressful day. Maybe she is even depressed" Hans said.

Ramiel turned to the woman sitting across the bar. He imagined what was on her minding and why she was drinking. He suddenly had the urge to make her his friend.

Ramiel watched her for a while, when she got up to leave, he got up too. Hans was still sober, Ramiel told him he was leaving before following the lady behind closely but yet sneakily. Unknown to him that she knew someone was following her but she didn't know he was the one.

She walked rather slowly along the streets, she took a bending corner and Ramiel followed her. When he got to the corner, he looked around, it was a dead end and she was no where to be seen, she knew he was following him.

Just then he felt a cold steel on his neck, a vital part, one slash and he would be a dead man.

"Who are you?" Ramiel asked as his hands slowly found it's way above his head.

"You were following me, why?" He heard a feminine voice ask. She must be the one.

"I wanted to...to..." He stammered.

Why was he following her? His gusts just told him to do so. Will he tell her that?

"You wanted to?" She asked pushing the steel even closer.

Ramiel gulped "could you at least put the knife down? You would really hurt me" he said.

"Not until you tell me why you were following me" she reply.

"Well. You are a woman. Walking all by yourself at this time of the night and you took some alcohol. I just wanted to make sure you would get home safely" Ramiel said, his hands still up.

Good boy.

Slowly, her hand dropped and Ramiel breathed in quickly as he turned to look at her "you could have killed me. Who the hell walks around with knife?" he asked still breathing heavily, he didn't realize he held his breath for so long.

"Me ofcourse. You followed me without permission. That is stalking and it is creepy" she said as she turned leaving him in the dark corner.

"Your skills are great. No wonder you said you could handle that guy just fine" he said as he followed her behind.

"Can you stop following me?" She ask still walking "I can take care of myself just fine. I don't need your protection" she said.

"Can I follow you?" Ramiel ask

"You are annoying" she complain.

"I know. Now can I follow you?" He ask again.

She didn't reply but kept walking.

"What is your name?" He ask

No reply.

"I am Ramiel" he introduce

No reply.

"It is not good to be silent" he said.

"Quit pestering me" she said not sparing him a glance as she moved even faster.

"I would. If you tell me your name" he said almost running after her.

She walks really fast.

She turned to him sharply and he stopped abruptly almost bumping into her "I am Carmilla. Can you let me be now?" She ask.

Ramiel smiled "I will if you accept to go on a date. Tomorrow? Next tomorrow?" He ask.

Carmilla sighed as she shook her head frustrated "I don't go on dates" she said sharply and turned around to continue walking. Ramiel followed behind.

"Just one date" Ramiel begged.

She kept walking.

"Just one I promise" he begged.

She stopped "just one" she said.

Ramiel smiled and took out a card, he handed it to her "you can call me when you are ready" he said.

She took it and continued walking. Ramiel didn't follow her instead he kept staring at her as she walked away.