Chapter 4

"Hey" he breathed out when he got to her. Carmilla turned her head to look at him. He gave her his prettiest smiles. The expression on his face indicated that she recognized him. She didn't say a word, she turned to the girl behind the counter, ignoring him.

Rude as usual.

"You promised to call" he reminded with a smile.

"When I am ready" she added.

"Well yes. Are you not ready?" He asked.

"I am not" she reply sharply.

Ramiel hummed "but you are here" he said.

Carmilla turned to him confused.

"We could just have that dinner" he said.

"And why do you think I am here because of your dinner proposal?" She asked receiving her order.

"I don't think that. I am just suggesting that we could have that dinner since you are here already" he said.

She hissed and turned towards the exit. Ramiel followed behind her.

"Okay fine. I guess you don't want to have that dinner. What about seeing a movie?" He suggested.

Carmilla sighed still walking towards the exit.

Ramiel didn't give up, he kept following her expecting a answer. They got outside the restaurant.

"I could drop you off" he suggested when they stood by the road side.

"I will take a cab thanks" she turned down his offer.

"Please I insist" he pleaded.

Carmilla turned to look at him, when she saw his desperate look, she relented. They got into Ramiel's ride and got on the road.

"Take your left" she ordered and he did.

"Carmilla" he called after a while.

"Hmm" she reply uninterested.

"If you don't want to have dinner with me. Why don't we watch a movie?" He proposed.

Carmilla sighed.

He wasn't going to give up.

"I just want to get to know you" he convinced.

"Take your left again" she instructed before saying "I am okay with dinner"

"Really?" He asked excited.

"Dinner is fine. Tomorrow" she said.

Ramiel breathed out from excitement.

Finally.

"Slow down" she ordered and he did.

"Can I pick you up tomorrow evening?" He asked.

"Stop here" she ordered and he did. It was a big apartment. He wondered if she stayed alone "pick me up here by 7pm tomorrow. I'll be waiting" she said and alighted before he could say anything.

 I'll be waiting" she said and alighted before he could say anything

Ramiel smiled broadly at himself before driving off.

Carmilla walked into the house, she was surprised to see Nyx who stood at the front of the door with her hands folded under her breast angrily.

Why was she angry?

Nyx looked at her like she had committed a terrible offense.

Though it was an offense. She was with a male after all.

Nyx, Carmilla's childhood friend and only friend. They were abandoned by their parents on the same day and was taken in by a woman who was an underworld agent. Nyx was 26. Both of them had been training since they were 11. Life was really tough for them. They had to grow up quickly and fend for them. Both of them were underworld assassin. Nyx had been like a mother figure to Carmilla since she was older.

With the look on Nyx's face, Carmilla knew what would come after that. Her unending preaching of laying low.

Carmilla walked to the kitchen awaiting Nyx's sermons. Nyx followed behind her with her hands still folded.

"Who was that?" Nyx started.

"Ramiel" Carmilla replied dropping the items she bought on the kitchen island . She pulled out a chair from beneath the kitchen island and sat down. Nyx did same.

"Who is Ramiel?" She ask

"A guy I met at the bar"

"You met a guy at the bar?" she ask surprised. Carmilla wonder why she was repeating her answers as a question.

"Yes" she answer nevertheless.

"And you brought your so called bar guy to our house?" She ask.

"He doesn't look like a bad buy" Carmilla replied.

"And you know that how?" Nyx ask.

Carmilla was silent.

"What happened to laying low? What happened to not dating? You not only met a guy at the bar you also brought him home" Nyx complained.

"He wouldn't stop pestering me" Carmilla said.

"So you showed him where you stay. How does that help your situation? How does that get him off your neck?" Nyx ask.

"He wants a date. He wouldn't stop disturbing me until I agreed to one. I had no choice" Carmilla explain.

"You agreed to go on a date with him?" Nyx ask disappointed.

"Look I had to okay" Carmilla said.

"You can't go on dates Milla. Have you forgotten who you are?" Nyx asked.

"And who am I?" Carmilla asked feigning ignorance.

"You are an assassin Milla. You can't meet the outside world. There are rules guiding us" Nyx say calmly.

Carmilla chuckled "where has following those rules gotten us to Nyx? Locked up here for life. We have been denied access to normal life"

"It is for the best"

"For the best? All our lives we have been killing without complains. Both those that are innocent and those that are not. We have to live our lives hiding from the world. We haven't had any real fun. All we do is kill people"

"Carmilla!"

"Are you not tired of these life the boss gave us? This isn't life Nyx, this is torture. No fun, no love and no family"

Nyx stood up and hit her hand on the table angrily "Carmilla!"

"Nyx accept it"

"There is nothing to accept. We are assassins. We can't have a normal life. Living a normal life would only put us in danger. We would be exposed to the world. The earlier you understand this, the better for us. Falling in love will make you vulnerable. Think about this" Nyx said and walked away leaving Carmilla alone in the kitchen. Her head clouded with thoughts.