Chapter 3

Ramiel paced back and forth in his sitting room agitated. He had moved on every inch in the living room continually glancing at the phone in his hand from time to time like he was expecting a call or a text message.

He occupied a self contain. His sitting room could be classified as the sitting room of one of those person's that lived an average life.

The sitting room occupied a big television, two siter and one siter sofas at the sides of the room, a big table at the center with a flower vase on top, a rug beneath the table, a wall clock and some other appliances.

It was his day off. Ramiel sipped from the cup of wine in his hand as he collapsed on the chair and checked the phone in the other hand. He put in the password and went through the call log before putting the glass on the table.

No call yet. She hadn't called.

It has been two days since he gave Carmilla his number. Throughout this two days, he had been expecting her call, She had promised to call him.

Or did she?

He was actually the one who told her to call him when she was ready.

Shouldn't have said that.

He sighed.

He should have told her to call immediately and not when she was ready.

He dropped the phone next to himself on the empty space of the sofa. He picked up the glass and the remote control on the table. Switching on the television, he decided to forget about her.

His phone suddenly rang. A smile found it's way to his lips before he quickly picked up the phone only to check the called ID.

Hans? What the hell does he want?

Grudgingly, Ramiel swiped answer on the phone screen.

"What?" He snaps with a serious and impatient tone.

"Hey man, so I and Kimberly will be having a dinner night at Becky's restaurant, wanna come? You are invited" Hans said in his usual playful tone.

Kimberly, Hans girlfriend and a final year college undergraduate, she studies pediatric nursing, 25 year. Been in a relationship with Hans for two years. Good cooking skills.

"No I'll pass" Ramiel refused.

"It is just a harmless dinner night. It is not a party" Hans persisted.

"I said I will pass" Ramiel refused.

"Kimberly is inviting her friend. Very much beautiful and single friend" Hans convinced.

"What are you insinuating?" Ramiel asked.

"What?" Hans asked feigning innocence.

"You are trying to hook me up with Kimberly's friend" Ramiel stated.

"I am" Hans admitted "don't you think it's time you stop checking your phone now and then, expecting a call from a bar girl" Hans stated.

"How do you know that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"We've been together for four years. I know what you can do when you are anxious and definitely you are anxious to get a call from that bar girl" Hans reply.

"Don't call her a bar girl" Ramiel warned.

"Then what do I call her?" Hans asked.

"Carmilla. Her name is Carmilla" Ramiel corrected.

"All the same, she is still a bar girl" Hans said.

"Do you want me to come for your dinner night or not?" Ramiel snapped.

"Okay fine. Carmilla" Hans said.

"Good. What time?" Ramiel asked.

"4pm" Hans said. Ramiel glanced at the wall clock, 6 hours left.

"Okay. See you later" he said and ended the call.

Ramiel dressed up in a nice t-shirts, a pair of pants and white sneakers. It was a casual dinner. Becky's restaurant was 25 minutes away from his house but still he decided to take his car. He drives a white 2010 model corolla. He took his car keys and put a few dollars in his wallet before stepping out.

He got to Becky's restaurant at exactly 4:57pm.

So much for being on time. At least he tried.

He walked into the restaurant, looked around before sighting Kimberly, Hans and a lady sitting at the edge of the restaurant. It was a four sit table. There was a spare chair. He walked up to them.

Kimberly sat in between Hans and the lady. It was a round table. Ramiel sat in between Hans and the lady.

"Ramiel you are late" Hans complained as he watch Ramiel sit on the only available chair at the table.

"I tried to be on time" Ramiel said.

"Well. You came at the right time" Hans said.

"Hi Ramiel" Kimberly greeted in her feminine voice.

"Hello Kimberly. Nice dress" he compliment.

She wore a pair of black pants and offshoulder flowery top.

"Thanks. Meet my friend, Evelyn" Kimberly introduced.

Evelyn, Kimberly best friend and a final year college undergraduate, 25 years old and very much single. Love pets. Her love for pets made her study as a veterinary nurse. She was pretty cute and very intelligent.

Evelyn blushed "Hi" she greeted.

"Hi, I am Ramiel" he said nicely.

"Nice to meet you, heard so much about you" Evelyn said.

"I hope they are good things?" he asked smiling politely.

"Ofcourse" Evelyn returned his smile.

Soon, the table was filled with different delicacies and appetizers. Everyone ate whatever they liked. It was an atmosphere filled with merry.

Evelyn tried her best to get Ramiel to talk to her, he was always either talking long with Hans or telling jokes with Kimberly. She felt isolated. She suddenly gave up on trying to make him talk to her and just sipped from her glass of orange juice.

Ramiel couldn't remember the last time he had this much fun. He was always busy with work, he hadn't really had the time to go out and enjoy himself. Just like he was doing now, having with his best friend and his girlfriend and a random girl.

The restaurant door opened and a lady walked in, she was wearing a silver color hoodie and sweatpants, with the cap of the hoodie covering her head. First glance and you would think she was a man but Ramiel knew better, because this was the woman who he had told to call him but she hasn't.

Ramiel found himself smiling widely.

Finally.

He excused himself and walked up to the woman at the counter, she was ordering fruit salad and bacon.

"Hey" he breathed out when he got to her.