Chapter 2

"Woah, you don't look too good, are you alright? You're white as a ghost." Donnie asked, fear in his voice.

I didn't respond to his question as I sat on the floor of the mall, in a complete state of shock. I looked around in a dazed and confused manner, trying to comprehend what has just happened, but then I realized how dizzy and nauseous I was.

"Here, put this on her forehead," I heard a voice demand. I watched Donnie put a cold rag on my forehead and hold it there for a while as I looked around once more. Standing above me, I saw mall security surrounding Donnie and I. My vision had finally cleared up completely, and I stared blankly at Donnie while I rubbed my head.

"Hey, I'm really sorry I ran into you, are you ok?" He asked. I continued rubbing my head and nodded.

"Yeah, I-I'm ok, thanks," I replied softly. He reached down for my hand and helped me off the ground.

"Well, Why don't I buy you an ice cream?" Donnie offered. I nodded and smiled widely as he guided me to the ice cream bar of which ironically happened to be across from my T-shirt kiosk.

"Hi, can I get a Triple hot fudge sundae for me, and the lady here?" Donnie asked, as soon as we had approached the person taking orders.

"Oh! Just one for both of us?" I asked.

"Yeah, is that ok?" He asked. I smiled widely and began to fangirl on the inside but on the outside I kept a cool face. I couldn't let him know how big of a fan I was.

"Oh, yeah, that's cool." Donnie smiled and pulled out some money to pay. He grabbed the sundae and we sat down at a table together and ate.

"I do have one question for you though." Donnie said as he shoveled a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

"Yeah, What is it?" I asked.

"Your name. You never told me." He said with a smile.

"Tanya." I replied, chuckling at the end.

"Tanya, that's cute name. Tell me about yourself." He insisted. I blushed wildly.

"Well, I LOVE baseball and softball, the Boston red socks are my number one favorite team. On the weekends I play softball and when I'm not doing that, I have a job at that kiosk over there," I pointed to the kiosk which I had closed down for the day after the incident.

"Woah, thats so cool, me too!" He leaned forward, seeming to be interested in the conversation.

"Oh, and I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOVE Harley Davidson motorcycles, I've always wanted to ride one, but I've never had the money to buy one, so I always spend my free time looking at them in car lots." I explained. He smiled.

"Well, do you wanna go for a ride on mine?" He asked. My eyes lit up and I smiled.

"Wait, you mean right now?" I asked. He nodded as he stood up from his chair and threw away the plastic container of what used to carry our hot fudge sundae. He turned to me with a smile and grabbed my hand leading us through the exit of the mall.

***

     Outside of the mall, parked in the lot, sat a shiny black and silver Harley Davidson Motorcycle. I was stoked just looking at it!

"Here, put this on." Donnie said as handed me a black helmet, proceeding to sit on his bike... but he wasn't wearing a helmet.

"Wait, Donnie! Why aren't you wearing a helmet?" I asked.

"What you're wearing is my helmet, but I would much rather take the risk of getting hurt, instead of you. I don't think I could live with that..." Donnie explained. I gave him a soft smile, and then got on the back of his bike, wrapping my arms around him. He put the motorcycle into drive and we pulled away. But I had no idea where we were going.

"Where are you taking me?!" I shouted over the roaring wind flowing through my long blonde hair.

"Trust me!" Was all he said. I already trusted him, he was my celebrity crush, and I was meeting him for the first time! The only bad part about the whole experience was that we met in an awkward way, but still, my life goal has been accomplished!

Donnie took a left turn onto a street going into a neighborhood. He pulled into a driveway with a basketball hoop and a nicely mowed yard. The house was pretty big, the door was painted green along with the shutters and the rest of the house was white.

"Here, I'll take the helmet, Tanya," Donnie said, snapping me out of my thoughts as he pulled the kickstand of the bike down. I took the helmet off and handed it to Donnie. He then grabbed my hand, and lead me into what I assumed was his house. He knocked on the door but didn't wait for anyone to answer and proceeded to go in.

"Hey Ma, I'm home!" He shouted, entering the kitchen where his Mother was preparing what looked like chowder.

"Oh, hi Donnie! Who's this?" His mother asked stirring the pot of chowder.

"This is Tanya, I kind of met her at the mall... she works at the custom T-shirt kiosk!" Donnie explained, blushing lightly.

His mother nodded but didn't say anything, she was focusing on cooking their meal for the night. I held my head in one hand and moaned. My head was hurting so bad! Donnie noticed my groan and looked at me. He went to the freezer and grabbed an ice pack.

"Here, go sit in the living room and put this on your head, I'll be there in a second." He instructed, handing me the ice. I left the kitchen and headed around the corner to the living room and held the ice pack to my head, while I lied on the couch. I suddenly heard a knock on the door and waited for it to swing open. I stared at the door for a second, and watched it finally open, revealing Donnie's brother, Mark! I tried not to make it obvious that I was fangirling over him, but it backfired when he sat on the couch next to me, and asked me if I was ok. I nodded like a dweeb and began giggling like a school girl! I was fangirling so hard, even Mark noticed it. Soon after that, Donnie strolled into the living room, and sat on the couch next to me.

"Ohhhh, I see! Donnie's got a crush..." Mark teased. I giggled. Donnie blushed. Mark laughed hysterically, and got off the couch, only to make his way went into the kitchen.

"Ignore him. He's just kidding," Donnie said. I nodded. "But you wouldn't mind stayin' for dinner, would you?" He asked.

"No, not at all." I smiled. He grabbed my hand and lead me to the kitchen table where I was greeted by eight other kids who happened to be Donnie's brothers and sisters.

"Hey, Ma, Tanya's staying for supper! That's ok with you, right?" Donnie asked.

"Of course, Don." His mother responded placing a bowl of chowder in front of me. I waited for the others to be served and we quietly ate and sat until everyone had finished.

***

It was eight 'o clock that night, Donnie had decided to drive me home on his motorcycle again. I took off the helmet and handed it to Donnie, as he walked me to my doorstep.

"Thanks for dinner Donnie." I smiled.

"It was the least I could do after what happened at the mall today." He replied with a smile. The two of us were silent as Donnie handed me a thin piece of paper.

"Well, I probably should go. Thanks again, Donnie!" I exclaimed opening the door and going into the house. I looked at the piece of paper as soon as I had gone into my room and realized he had given me his TELEPHONE NUMBER!!!! I got onto my bed and started jumping like a kid in a candy store with the biggest smile spread across my face from ear to ear. I finally decided to get some sleep and thought about everything I had gone through today, I then turned out the lights and fell asleep slowly and dreamed about  everything I'd done with Donnie that day...

She's my cover girlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara