Chapter 3

I woke up fairly groggily the next morning. My head was sore from yesterday, but nonetheless, I sat up in my bed with the biggest smile on my face. I had date with DONNIE WAHLBERG last night! I was even happier to remember that today was Saturday, and I had two whole days to spend time with him. And on top of all of that, I had remembered he had given me his telephone number!

I smiled widely, and rushed out of bed. As I did so, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen where I prepared myself a bagel, then went to the living room to watch television. I quickly found myself becoming deep in focus watching the show, when the telephone suddenly rang. My concentration was broken, so I got off the couch and took the telephone off of the receiver.

"McCartney Residence, Tanya speaking." I answered.

"Good morning! Sleep well, T?" A voice exclaimed over the phone. Then, it hit me. It was Donnie!

"How'd you get my number?" I exclaimed in an excited tone.

"I have my ways... oh, that sounded weird," Donnie paused before laughing. I giggled in return. "So, what are you doin' later today, T?" He asked. I loved that nickname, T, it suited me.

"Nothing too crazy, why?" I asked with a smile.

"Eh, just curious, wanted to know if you wanted to come over for a while and hang again," He offered. I blushed and began to silently fangirl over the phone. "You there, Tanya?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah! I'm here!" I replied.

"Cool! So whatta ya say? wanna come over?" He asked.

"Yes, of course!" I exclaimed, a little too enthusiastically.

"All right, rad! Just come on over around noon! I'll see ya, T!" He exclaimed just before he hung up. I smiled, and put the phone onto the receiver again, then headed back to the living room where I fangirled wildly.

***

It was eleven 'o clock now. I had an hour to get ready, so I made my way upstairs to put on some fresh clothes, and take a shower. I decided I would wear a pair of ripped acid washed jeans, another Red Socks jersey and put my hair into a side braid. I had some time to do what I wanted until it was time to leave, so I plopped myself on the couch again and watched more tv. I looked at the clock and realized quickly that it was 11:40 am, I had twenty minutes to get to Donnie's house. I turned off the tv, grabbed my car keys, locked the door of the house then left on my way to Donnie's place.

***

I was a little late, but finally found my way to Donnie's house as I pulled into the driveway and saw Donnie playing one on two with his brothers Paul and Mark. I got out and greeted Donnie by slapping the ball out of his tight grip then swishing the ball right into the hoop, scoring perfectly.

"Whoa! That was rad, Tanya, do you play basketball?" Mark asked. I shook my head.

"Nope, just softball." I replied.

"Wanna join us for a round? You know, two on two?" Donnie asked.

"Yeah, sounds cool." I agreed.

"Alright, Donnie, you and Tanya are a team, and Paul and I are a team, sound cool to you guys?" Mark Asked. I nodded. Paul then backed out of our way as Mark and I went eye to eye to do the jump ball. Donnie held the ball in between us then tossed it high in the air. I jumped with as much force as possible then slapped the ball hard across the driveway. I swooped the ball back in, and began dribbling toward the net. I waited until I got close enough to shoot and just as I was about to shoot, I was suddenly cut off by Paul who snatched the ball quickly then made his shot, luckily missing. Suddenly, Donnie jumped in taking the ball, only to immediately shoot and score. Donnie passed the ball in to me from out of bounds then I headed for the hoop with no one in my way. I was in the clear and was getting closer to shooting when Mark surprised me. I stopped abruptly, causing my knee to buckle as I slipped and shot the ball, making another score. I lied on the ground, propped up on my elbows, groaning in pain.

"Tanya! are you alright?" Donnie asked, kneeling to my side, Paul and Mark standing over me with concern in their eyes.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine, I'm fine." I assured still on the ground. Donnie looked away from me then took his attention to my knee.

"Oh, no you're not... it's bruised and swollen, let's get you inside." Donnie instructed as he slowly and carefully lifted me up in the classic bridal position then took me into the house, setting me on the couch.

"Mark, you did this, go grab Tanya an ice pack." Paul instructed sarcastically to lighten the mood. Mark rolled his eyes then made his way to the kitchen, then came back within seconds holding an ice pack in hand. Donnie took it from Mark then placed the ice on my knee.

"You're sure you're ok?" Donnie asked again. I nodded but suddenly realized my eyes were filling with tears. The pain was unbearable. I swallowed hard and attempted to ignore the it, but Donnie noticed. It was clear that he didn't know what to do.

"We need to get her some help, Don, she could be seriously hurt." Paul said. Donnie sighed and nodded his head, admitting that Paul was right.

"What am I gonna tell my parents?" I asked.

"You just gotta tell 'em the truth, hopefully they understand." Paul explained. I sighed, hoping he was right, it shouldn't even be a big deal anyway.

***

I walked through the door of my house, using crutches to get around and a knee brace that supported my injury. Donnie had taken me to a doctor that night where I got a few X-rays and got the news that I had a mild to severe tear in my knee.

"Tanya! What happened? Where have you been all night?" My mother worried. Before I could even begin to explain, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I offered.

"No you won't, you'll sit down and rest." My mother demanded as she opened the door to reveal Donnie and his two brothers.

"We're here to explain everything." Donnie said.

"Alright... explain." She said nervously as she sat on the couch, leading the three boys to the living room with her.

"It was all in good fun! We were playin' basketball, and mark over here caught Tanya off guard when she was getting ready to shoot. Her knee buckled and she slipped. Donnie had no idea what to do so he figured the last resort was to take her to a doctor who took X-rays, and gave the news that she has torn ligaments in her knee. That's every detail." Paul explained. My parents turned and looked at each other with no words.

"Ok... thank you boys for coming in and explaining." My mom said with a slight smile.

"I'm sorry if we upset you Mrs. McCartney." Donnie apologized as he left the house followed by Paul and Mark. The door shut tightly behind them, and the house was now silent. My mom, dad and I sat in the living room in complete silence after that. But I soon decided to just go upstairs. I grabbed my crutches, and made my way to my room where I put on a tank top, a pair of shorts, and then put my long blonde hair into a messy bun as I climbed into bed. For a few minutes, I lied still, looking at the ceiling. I began to doze off, and was immediately woken up again after I heard a knock on the door of my room.

"Come in." I replied. The door slowly opened and revealed my parents in the doorway of my room.

"You guys are mad. Aren't you?" I asked. They were silent as they exchanged looks then looked back at me shaking their heads.

"No, Tanya. Were not mad, we just didn't believe what had happened. But when Paul, Donnie and Mark walked in and explained everything, we were shocked because you had never told us that you'd met him," Mom replied sitting on the edge of my bed. "But you know, I have to admit, he's a pretty good kid," Mom admit. "He knew what to do when things got bad... he has a strong sense of trust, it's kind of hard to resist trusting him." Mom said with a chuckle.

"Glad you think so." I replied with a smile.

"Good night, Tanya." My parents said in unison as they shut the door of my room. The room was now silent. I went back to looking at the ceiling again and couldn't help but to let my eyes take over as they grew heavier and heavier with sleep, finally closing as I slept thinking of Donnie once again.

--------//---------//--------

HEY GUYS! SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG, I'VE HAD WRITERS BLOCK SO IF BY CHANCE ANY OF YOU HAVE IDEAS TO KEEP THE STORY GOING PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!!!!!! I HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER SO KEEP READING!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!!