|3| what the...?

Dinner finished about 15 minutes ago,
and incredibly thankfully, Jinora's headache has eased up. She decided to take the opportunity to read the book her mother bought her a couple weeks ago. Ikki sat across the room from her, and was sketching a flower.

Jinora found herself reminded of not being in pain, something she realized she entirely took for granted. But she wasn't sure when or if the migraine was coming back. Overall it has been a bizarre week for Jinora. But she was bouncing back.

"Ikki, let me see?" Jinora asked, and ikki held up her flower. It was a pretty drawing, so much so that Jinora found it in herself to complement it.
"Aw, it looks beautiful, Ikki."

She was obviously taken back by it, "Thanks."

"So are you planning on going to the birthday party Meelo is throwing for Poki?" Ikki asked, Jinora snorted. This 'birthday party' wasn't a big thing and Ikki made it sound so formal.

"I guess. But Meelo might kill me if I didn't, so lose-lose." Jinora said.

"Well, that's not really what I meant. Is your head good enough to go? We all know you've been struggling these few days." Jinora harshly rolled her eyes at her sisters comment.

Yes, she had been struggling but, for the last time, she was not an invalid.

"I'm fine, Ikki. And what do you know of my 'struggles'? Gosh, has everyone been telling everyone about that?" Jinora said with poison in her tone.

"I just heard aunt Kya talking to dad and Korra and they just said, that you've been having headaches-"

Jinora gave a look that said choose-your-next-words-carefully.

"And I just wanted to make sure you're okay..."

Wrong choice.

"Ikki, I-" Jinora groaned, "I appreciate that, but I really just need everyone to stop looking at me like I'm wounded. I mean why does anyone even care? I'm a master, I can handle this. I don't need my LITTLE sister treating me as disabled!"

Ikki tossed her drawing aside, and ran out the room.

"Ikki! Ikki, wait! I'm sorry!" Jinora called after her. Jinora immediately knew she messed up.

Mom's gonna be so pissed.

∆∆∆∆

Ikki ran into the dining room. Korra, Asami, Tenzin, and Pema sat around the table.

"Hey, mom?" Ikki peaked in, making sure she wasn't interrupting something important.

"Yes, sweetie?" Pema said.

"I'm really worried about Jinora." Pema's face faltered. Pema signaled for Ikki to sit by her.

"Is it the headaches again?" Asami asked, she'd obviously heard from someone, and was obviously not totally clear on what's been going on.

"No, not really, those have been getting better. She just seems...off, she's normally a pretty calm person, well not with me, but still. She barked at me just now, and apparently did the same to Kai earlier."

"Wait-" Korra stopped, "she barked at Kai? Something is definitely wrong then." Ikki nodded, Tenzin shifted at the implication.

"Should we ask her?" Asami said. And Ikki then shook her head, "she barely let me breech the subject."

"But I'm worried" Ikki continued. Tenzin kissed her head.

"I'll have a talk with her in the morning, perhaps some mediation. She'll be okay."

And she would be, even Jinora knew she would be. But that doesn't mean it's as simple as Tenzin thinks...

(A/N: I'm so sorry this is so short. It's really late right now, but I have renewed motivation in this story so expect more soon!)