|4| Is it all in my head?

Tenzin walked up to Jinora, who was focused on meditation. Tenzin was of course very respectful of mediation, but he was also unable to find her all day, so now's as good a time as any?

"Jinora?" Tenzin stepped onto the gazebo.

"Hey dad"

Jinora kept her eyes closed, she was hoping that if she meditated for long enough, quietly enough, she could figure out this spiritual thing that has her in a tizzy. The headaches had subsided, but the anger hadn't. She didn't trust herself with those she loved anymore, she made herself scarce. If she could just figure out what was wrong...

"Your sister is worried about you." Tenzin sat down next to his eldest daughter.

"Tell Ikki to mind her own business." Jinora said firmly. Tenzin was a little surprised, all his children had their arguments but they were all still close and loving.

"Jinora." He scolded.

"Sorry, I don't know why I said that. Tell her I'm fine." Jinora assured, determined to end this quickly.

"She's not the only one who has noticed that you've been-'' She shot him a death glare, "...off"

"Ikki, Kai, Korra, even Asami." Tenzin listed those who 'noticed'

"Oh great. Glad to know you all talk about me behind my back in your free time." Jinora said bitterly. She knew she was being ridiculous, but some thing in her wouldn't let her stop.

"Jinora, that's not what I meant." And she knew it wasn't, she knew what he meant.

"If there's something going on, or something that you need help with, we're all here for you. And we want you-"

"Go away." Jinora interrupted.

Tenzin starred at her with an almost open mouth. Jinora has never once interrupted him, and certainly never to be snippy with him.

"W-what?" He stuttered out of shock.

"I said go away. I'm so sick of all of this, all of you. Let me meditate in peace, please." There was no sincerity in the please.

"Do not talk to me that way. I'm trying to help you. You never act this way, what's wrong?"

Don't snap again. Don't snap again. Don't snap again. Don't snap again

Control yourself. Control yourself. Control yourself. Control yourself.

He's not doing anything. He's not doing anything. He's not doing anything.

Jinora contemplated for a moment. Should she tell him about this spiritual situation? She didn't want to cause a stir. Should she wait till she knew what it was?

"You're right, you're right. I'm sorry, I've just been out of whack recently. I'll bounce back. I'm fine, I promise."

"I'll let you go this time, but if these things continue this conversation is far from over." Tenzin walked away.

∆∆∆

Jinora could scream. She felt like she was making a fool of herself. Had everyone really noticed?

Obviously, her mediation session was a bust, which only helped enraged her further. And suddenly she thought of something,

Wait, If something's wrong with the spirits, why not just ask the spirits? Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Now I feel stupid again

Spirits were no where near hard to find on air temple, but maybe it'd be better to find a better source than little Bum-ju.

Jinora sat down to summon this random spirit to help her, she quietly called out,

"Spirits, I need your help."

A small, red spirit, one that vaguely resembled a lobster appeared. In all honesty, Jinora didn't expect that to work, after the last week, why would it work? Nevertheless, she was happy, happy to get the answers she needs-

The spirit opened it's mouth, no words or sounds came out. It tried again, nothing.

"Uhm, spirit? Are you okay? Is something going on? I've felt an imbalance lately." She said.

It opened it's mouth again, no sounds once again. But it didn't look alarmed, it looked like it heard itself, so why couldn't she hear it?

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you, is something wrong?" This time the spirit looked perplexed, she couldn't hear it?

"Are you and the spirit world okay? Is this all in my head?"
Jinora was panicked, she couldn't hear it. She couldn't hear it. She could barely pick up on it's energy.

The spirit looked at her seriously and shook its head.

The spirit world wasn't okay.
It wasn't in her head.

A/N: The plot thickens, mwahahah.