02

"Jimin-ah..."

"Baby rina..."

Karina let out a frustrated huff regretting not getting switched out of her second class that she unfortunately shared with Winter who would not leave her alone. She was trying so hard to focus on her teacher's math lesson but couldn't because Winter kept poking her, calling her name, and even threw a few wads of paper.

"Karina..."

Karina whirled around ready to rip the girl's head off. "What?"

"Please forgive me.." Winter said

"No" Karina snapped. "Now leave me alone."

"At least let me make it up to you." Winter insisted. "How about that walk on the beach I told you about?"

"How about no?"

"Ohh," Winter said as if she had eureka moment. "I know what this about. You're jealous about that small moment Giselle and I had this morning! Don't worry sweetheart, I'm all about you. Well you and a few other people but that's not important."

"Jealous?" Karina actuly laughed out loud at the absurb accusation. "You actually said something funny." Karina suddenly grew serious. "Now, leave me alone."

Winter held up her hands in surrender. "Suit yourself."

The brunette scoffed and turned back in her seat thinking about the insane thought of her being jealous of any girl Winter flirted with. She knew from experience what it was like having Winter try to make her fall victim to her spell and wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy who happened to be Winter herself.

A note flying into her desk pulled Karina from her train of thoughts. She opened up the folded sheet of paper to read:

you're missing your chance sexy xx

Karina looked over her shoulder and glared at Winter who gave her a flirtatious wink.

"Fuck you." Karina whispered loud enough for the two of them to hear. She immediately scolded herself for saying it because it gave Winter a chance to say...

"I always knew you wanted to."

------

Class with Winter turned out to be the longest hour of her entire life and Karina was just happy to be able to leave that class and go to lunch. She much rather would've preferred going home to sleep rest of the day away and start over but oh well.

"Hey," Ningning greeted her as she took a seat at their regular lunch table. "How it's going?"

"Why do I have to be magnet for players? I'm a good person." Karina groaned and allowed her head to fall onto the table. "Fuck my life."

"It's okay," Giselle reassured. "We've all had our share of players experiences."

"She's about to get another one." Ningning stated.

Oh crap. Karina didn't have to look up when a presence sat down beside her to know that it was Winter. "I wouldn't lay my head on this table. Who knows what germs are on it."

"I don't need your advice." Karina hissed. "You know what? Just go away."

"Come on baby, don't–"

"No! You don't!" Karina popped her head up finally feeling ad if she had reached her breaking point. "Leave me alone! Why can't you get it through your thick skull that I don't like you? I don't want to date you, sleep with you, and especially I don't want to he around you. You're nothing but a player. So save yourself the time and just Leave. Me. Alone."

Karina felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. God knows how long she held that in. She looked at her friends expecting them to be proud for standing her ground only they weren't happy for her. They were too busy giving Winter a look of sympathy. Karina finally paid attention to Winter to see that she didn't have the same arrogance of cockiness that she always had. She didn't have any expression on her face. Her eyes on the other hand went from lively to shattered.

"Sorry for bothering you." Winter stood up and pushed her chair in. "You don't have to worry about it anymore."

Karina actually felt bad watching the other walk out of the lunch room which is the last thing she thought she'd feel after giving Winter a piece of her mind.

"That's a bit harsh" Ningning scolded.

"I didn't mean to blow up like that. It's just..." Why had she blown up like that? She had completely lost her cool without a valid reason. "I don't know.."

------

Winter hurriedly went out of the lunch room to go to the restroom trying to convince her burning eyes to not let any tears fall. Those were only words and words didn't affect Winter. She didn't have time to let them affect her being the way she was. She had to admit that surely did hurt a lot more coming from Karina though.

Even with her reputation, she had still taken a liking to Karina who she thought was nice one point in time. Nice to pretty, pretty to smart, smart to amazing, amazing to she had developed a crush on the girl.

And all she was to her was nothing but a mere player.

Winter knew it was partly her fault for flirting with Karina all the time in the first place, although she only did that because she didn't know what to say without being the cool, attractive Winter that she was known as.

"I'm such an idiot." Winter groaned.

In her head, she was stuck in a dilemma. She could change herself and become someone that Karina could actually tolerate for a change, or she could stay true to herself and give Karina the space that she was craving. After extensive thinking,  Winter reached a conclusion.

She was going to have to let her Karina go.

🕴🕴