03

Karina’s POV

As much as I hated to admit it, ever since I blew upon on Winter three weeks ago my life felt as if became less interesting. Like there was something or in my case someone's missing. I had no one to bicker with or roll my eyes at or purposely ignore. No one was there to annoy me during math anymore since Winter moved to the other side of the classroom. I had been tempted to talk to her whenever I saw her walking down the hallway or sitting in the cafeteria and every time I worked up the courage to say something we'd make eye contact, then like a coward I would look away and say nothing instead.

Even at work I would wait to be greeted by crappy up line and received absolutely nothing. I let out a pitiful sigh that caught the attention of one of my coworkers, Chaewon. "Are you okay?"

"I'm honestly not sure." I said lazily moving around M&Ms.

"Well, I don't think you are." She declared. "You just wrote 'Winter' in big letters using M&Ms."

I blushed in embarrassment. Nothing that had in fact I wrote her name while trying to figure out a solution to the problem I didn't know I had. "Why don't you just talk to her?" Chaewon asked.

"Because it's not like we're friends and I don't think she would forgive me after what I said." I wouldn't forgive myself either. "She's not even around anymore and she's still getting on my nerves."

"Maybe it's because you like her."

I looked at her like she had grown an extra head then burst out laughing. "Like her? As in more than friend? You should be a comedian."

"Whatever you say." Chaewon walked off clearly not believing me for a second.

I didn't like Winter and even if I did I wouldn't consider her as more than a friend. Maybe that was my problem! Clearly while I was hating on Winter I formed one sort of liking to her so losing her was the equivalent of losing a friend. I like Winter but only as a friend.

"I'm genius." I said to myself, "as if I'd ever like Winter."

One more thing popped in my head involving my moment of discovery: now what?

-----

"Ning code blue!" I shouted

"How many times do I have to tell you that you can't just walk into my house like that?" I ignored her complaint and walked past her to enter her bedroom where I knew Giselle would be. If she wasn't at my house, she was at Ningning's. Sure enough she was laying on Ningning's bed texting on her phone. "I'm going to get a security system."

"You already have one." I reminded her. "Your password is 001049. That's now what I'm here for though. I'm here because I have code blue!"

Ningning blinked at me. "What's a code blue?"

"I need major advice to figure out what I'm supposed this new self discovery," I explained. "Apparently I consider Winter as a friend but didn't know it and now that I know I think I should apologize. What do I do after that?"

"Wait for her to forgive you and if she doesn't then move on and find another friend." Ningning beamed as if she had told me the true meaning of life.

"I could've have told myself that!"

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because as my best friends, you and Giselle are supposed to cone up with something better. Right, Gi?" I looked at Giselle who was staring at her phone with a dumb grin on her face. "Gigi?"

"Huh?" She looked between the two of us oblivious to what we had said. "Yeah, sure." Giselle suddenly stood up from the bed to put her jacket on. "I've got to go."

"I just got here" I protested.

"I'll see you tomorrow. You'll live." She waved and was out the door before I could object even further.

"That was weird," Ningning said. I nodded in agreement although that Giselle would tell us if she was doing something wrong.

At least I think she would...

Third Person's POV

Giselle stood outside the entrance of the mall anxiously waiting to he united with her potential new girlfriend. A small piece of her felt bad for not saying anything to her friends about it, however a majority of her said screw it because her crush meant a lot for her. Plus, she hadn't been in a relationship for a while and she'd be damned if she let the opportunity slip through her fingers.

Two hands came from behind her and covered her eyes. "Guess who?"

"Winter" Giselle smiled and turned around to find the girl who she looked happy to see her too.

How? Well one day while going to the restroom during class Giselle saw Winter sitting on the ground with the most pitiful look on her face. After Giselle did her best to comfort her, they began to talk and that was that. Giselle fall for Winter in an instant.

"Are you sure it's okay for the two of us to hang out?" Giselle could see the evident worry inside of the other's eyes even though her outside said she was completely cool.

"Totally," Giselle lied.

Giselle knew that it was a dangerous game that she was playing where she could easily lose if Karina discovered that she had a thing for her sworn nemesis. But that doesn't matter anyway.

Gielle held her hand out to Winter. "Shall we?"

Winter observed her carefully looking for any last minute signs of deception. She knew it was wrong for her to be crushing on her ex love interest's best friend. She knew that it would look bad to the people who would see them together at school. She didn't care. Winter liked Giselle for being sweet, beautiful, funny,  self regardless of what anyone had to say. This was their chance to be together and she refused to blow it.

Winter intertwined her fingers with Giselle's and smiled. "We shall."

- eat your meal