Home Sweet Home (Part 1)

5th September 1939

* Ring! Ring! *

With the telephone rings echoed within the Tatebayashi residence, incoming footsteps slowly approached to the wall telephone as Uzu, the housekeeper picked up the call and answered to it.

"Hello, Tatebayashi Residence. Hai... Hai... What?! I-I will let them know, thank you."

With an instant, she hanged up and rushed to the living room. Almost tripped over, she slammed open the slide door as she panted very hardly.

"Danna-sama!! Oku-sama!! Bad news!! Bad news!!"

In the living room, Jiro, who was on his duty leave spending some time with his wife, Mizuha. The once peaceful environment soon interrupted with a blast of noise. Jiro almost dropped his sake cup with his head turned to Uzu who was catching her breath.

"Just calm down Uzu, what news did you refer to?"

"D-Danna-sama... O-Ojo... Ojo-sama..."

Mizuha, with a sake bottle held in her hand shaken a bit as Uzu mentioned Sakurako, her facial expression turned nervous as she asked her for more.

"Sakurako? What happened to Sakurako?!"

"Ojo-sama... has just returned from her recent patrol, but encountered into a battle and ended up hospitalize in the naval district military hospital. She... She.... was losing too many bloods, now unconscious..." 

With such shocking news, Mizuha dropped the bottle to the floor and fainted as Jiro and Uzu rushed to her sides.

===

6th September 1939

"This is a special news bulletin. This is a special news bulletin. The Imperial General Headquarters Naval Department has announced at 11am this morning. At the noon of September 3rd, the Imperial Japanese Navy has first encountered and entered combat with a small flotilla of Morgana destroyers in the East China Sea. Whilst prepared for death, our destroyer Fubuki, awakened and singlehanded all Funayūrei to their destructions."

"This is a special news bulletin. This is a special news bulletin. The Imperial General Headquarters Naval Department has announced at noon with the following statement: Firstly, the Imperial Japanese Navy is prioritizing the defense of the home islands by recalling all available naval forces to defend our great homeland away from the Funayūrei threats. Secondly, certain Soviet Pacific assets have been forced to appeal to our imperial navy for protection despite decades of mistrust and hostility..."

With the radio broadcasting the news in a hospital room of 4 beds, sunlight shinned through the window curtains onto three empty beds except one. Sakurako woke up from the sunrays since she regained her consciousness last night, her forehead and part of her body were bandaged along with a dripper to her right hand. As she sat on the bed with her back laid against the wall, the battle scenes slowly reflected into her mind along with the evil face of Corruption.

Her breathe escalated with her left hand grasped her chest, in pain and sweated until a knock on the door made her jumped. The door opened and entered a doctor with a familiar face.

"So you finally awake, Ohime-sama."

"H-Himiko?!"

- - - 

 After a short reunion moment, a small growl echoed into the silence atmosphere with red blushes on Sakurako's cheeks as she tried to cover them by turned her face to a side. Himiko giggled as she sat onto a chair next to the bed, with a massive cloth packaging.