Search-And-Rescue (4)

_________________________

______________

Uncle Tenzin sits on a brown chair taking in a deep breath. As Aunt Pema sits on the white staircase rocking her child in her arms. Aunt Kya sits on a rock, feeding lemurs.

Sitting on the grass looking up at the bright sun. I wonder how the group is doing in the southern water tribe. I wonder Mako is...

N-no...why am I still thinking of him?

Tenzin sips his tea. "Ahh, I haven't felt this at peace since-"

Dad jumps in, interrupting Uncle Tenzin, who looks in shock. "Aaand, it's over."

Dad leaps onto rock, with his sister looking in shock. "Gooood morning, Universe."

And mom found dad attractive...Aunt Kya covers her eyes. "Bumi, please, cover yourself. Your daughter is here!"

Dad turns to Uncle Tenzin. "Well, lookee here, "Vacation Tenzin" has finally decided to join us."

"Yes, he has." Aunt Pema hands over Rohan to him. "It's so nice to get to spend more time with my family."

He looks down at his youngest son "Isn't that right, my little Rohan?"

"And I've really enjoyed having you two around. Reminds me of all those great vacations we took as kids with Dad."

Aunt Kaya and Dad glance at each other

"Uhh, I think your memory's a little foggy. Bumi and I weren't on those great vacations. It was always just you and Dad." She pointed out as he started to think about the past.

"No, that can't be right. What about the time he took us to Kyoshi Island to ride the elephant koi?"

"Nope, we weren't there."

"Hmm. Oh, remember Ember Island? Those amazing sand palaces we built on the beach."

"You mean, you built? We never saw the place."

"I could've sworn." Tenzin hangs his head low a bit.

Jinora and Meelo arrive on air scooters. Poki flies and lands on Meelo's head when both siblings land on solid ground.

"Morning, kids!" Jinora and Meelo run to their uncle.

"Morning, Uncle Bumi!" His smile disappeared as he pointed to dad's stomach.

"Do you have a baby in there?"

Meelo question caused everyone to break out into laughter. Where's Ikki? She should be here by now?

"Where's your sister?" I questioned Jinora walking up to her.

"Who?"

"Ikki. About this tall." I put my hand at my waist level. "Talks real fast. I'm sure you know her."

Jinora seems uneasy. "Uhh ..." Looking away from me.

"There was a lemur fight, but the bison told us not to worry because a giant was coming. Then we almost got eaten by a shark-squid!" Meelo smiles widely.

"The shark-squid? He's here? It appears my old nemesis has found me." Dad acts terrified.

Pema folds her hands in annoyance. "Jinora, were you and Meelo teasing your sister again?" She questions her children.

"I don't know. Maybe. Yes." She hangs her head low not making eye contact.

"She ran away."

Not again...

Pema's face reddens in anger. "Honestly, I don't know why you kids can't just get along!"

"It's all right, dear, Ikki couldn't have gone far. I'll find her." Uncle Tenzin hands back Rohan.

As dad goes to his salute stance. "Commander Bumi reporting for duty! Search-and-rescue missions are my specialty."

Aunt Kya runs forward and holds her brother's shoulders. "What do you say we all go together?"

"Sure, I could use the help."

Dad bends down to Meelo "When I get back, we'll come out with a plan to take down that shark-squid once and for all!"

Meelo grins enthusiastically.

"Yeah!"

"You three have fun. Hopefully things don't get out of hand." I patted their shoulders heading back inside the temple.

"Are you not going to join us?" Uncle tenzin curiously asked as I shake my head.

"Nah, it'll be better if you three have a sibling time." Giving a kiss on dad's cheek before heading inside the temple.

Time alone with each other could help them with their relationship...I should do the same.

I picked up my pace heading toward my door quickly closing the door behind me.

I open the drawer grabbing a piece of paper and pen. Sitting down on the desk staring back at the blank paper.

But...what do I say? We haven't spoken to each other much after Amone's regain ended.

How will I even start out? A soft knock comes from the other side of the door.

"Young master y/n? You have a letter."