Chapter 48: The Roommate

Narrator's POV

Lauren's ears made a little movement when she heard a sound from Camila's mother's bedroom. Her werewolf ears could hear the sound that was inaudible to human ears. She opened her eyes and looked at Camila who was sleeping on her stomach. Camila did not hug Lauren, but she slept close, facing Lauren. Lauren lightly caressed Camila's hair and a bit lower to her back. She took her time watching Camila sleep.

Getting out of bed, Lauren saw her clothes on the couch. She knew instantly it was Camila who put them there as she did not do it last night. She took her clothes and went to the bathroom to refresh herself and put on her clothes before leaving. Lauren kissed Camila on the head before she left through the balcony. She ensured Sinu would not see her leave. She was quite sure that Sinu heard nothing last night.

Lauren took her car from Normani's place. She drove back to her main home instead of her apartment on the other side of the city. Driving home, Lauren was happier on her birthday this year because she had found her Luna and could spend the night with her, even though they were not together. It made her even happier since it happened when she least expected it. Lauren did not know how it worked, but it worked that she could hold herself from having casual sex with others, even Alexa since she marked Camila. She laughed at herself for having less sex now. It was only once in a season. She took it as a motivation to solve her problems faster so that she could be with her Luna soon, forever.

Lauren was a bit upset when she knew Camila had slept with Nicholas. She did not hear it from anyone. She could feel it last night. She knew when her Luna had been touched by someone else. She could not blame Camila for it as they were not in any exclusive relationship. She wanted it, but Camila rejected it. On the other hand, Lauren tried to think from another point of view. Probably, it might be good that Camila dated others. Camila might finally realize she would not find what she had found in Lauren in others. Therefore, Camila would realize Lauren was the one for her.

.

Camila woke up a bit late. She found a bouquet next to her on the bed. She touched it, knowing it was from Lauren. It was the same size of bouquet as Lauren left last time. She knew she woke up late but she did not get up immediately. She was feeling low. She was not lazy, but she felt no energy. She took her phone and texted Sasha, telling her that she could not go to work because she was feeling under the weather. She then sent a message to her direct manager, Dakota, telling her that, she needed to take a day off today.

Camila went downstairs before her mother came up. She told her mother, who was having her breakfast that she would stay home today. She told her mother not to worry about her. She was not super ill. She was just exhausted after her first long week in the office. She also drank a bit too much last night as she rarely drank. Her mother left after preparing Camila breakfast. She asked Camila to have a good rest. Camila could order something for lunch or even dinner because her mother would be in the cafe until evening as usual.

Sleeping the whole day and only waking up for a quick lunch in the afternoon, Camila felt better when she woke up in the late afternoon. She sat in her backyard garden to enjoy the sunset. She thought of what happened last night. She had made the stupid mistake of offering Lauren a kiss. It ended up unexpected, even though she enjoyed it. She sighed thinking she must be addicted to Lauren's kisses and touches in bed. She surrendered to Lauren again and again. She concluded it was unhealthy since it had made her end things with Nicholas.

Camila always believed sex was important but not the most important one in a relationship. However, she did not think this way when she was seeing Nicholas. They had sex three times. The first was fine as it was their first time. The second time she was not satisfied, feeling not good enough. The last time was the dealbreaker. She did not feel the passion. She did not enjoy it even though Nicholas did not see the same problem. They decently ended things without a fight or heated argument as they both were mature enough to act decently.