Foreshadow

Anntonia's POV:

"Is that a strategy though?"

Miss Cambodia, who crashed in our room to visit Miss Laos who is my roommate said after literally taking my whole glass of chocolate milk.

Great.

I warmly smiled, hiding my gut to roll my eyes at her. "No. I just wanted to make y'all have something to remember me after this competition." I smoothly stated and playfully winked at her.

"Is that so?" She said quite leaning forward while tracing circles on the sheets of the bed.

Uhm... ew?

I shrugged that thought and looked away to avoid being mean and rude towards her. I mean, I am really not that type of a person. I am gentle and sweet, but there is really a trusted gut feeling within me that helps me to identify who to be comfortable with and who to deal with smartly.

Miss Cambodia just pisses me off for some reasons. I just remind myself that we are both asians and we must keep the relationship of this group intact.

"Why? Do you perceive it differently?"

"No.. It is thoughtful actually." She responded and chose to remain silent.

I was scrolling through my phone, trying to have something to be distracted by because we still have a couple of hours and I cannot visit the land of dreams. I envy my roommate for sleeping so comfortably, even though there's some sort of hyper creature sharing the bed with her.

I randomly came across a pageant page that has over 10,000 followers. There's this post about reminiscing about the 69th edition of Miss Universe in 2020, and it is a photo of Khun Amanda and Miss Rabiya during their Telemundo interview. I find them adorable, I must say. I have witnessed the amount of degrading bashing circling around the internet during their stint, and somehow it makes me hopeless about the pageant world. I even saw how affected Khun Amanda was. She even told me and Veena what she felt once, saying that it might be too much for Rabiya since she's aware that this was her first major pageant experience, and a wonderful soul like Rabiya's does not deserve the harshness of the Thai people's way of proving that they vow to protect the country's candidate.

Out of curiosity, I checked the comment section. There are no more traces of hateful speeches, and all that you can see are praises for the previous queens' effort to represent their country, their caliber of performance, and even their chemistry.

I used to be really curious about the possible beef of Thai and Filipino fans in terms of supporting their queens, but as I conquered the industry, I realized that it was one of their ways to express that they strongly rallied behind you and would go all the way to see you rise to the top.

I suddenly missed my MUT sisters after that deep thought of mine about Khun Amanda and the gorgeous Rabiya Mateo.

@porxild
Hey, girls! I miss you :(

After hitting the "send" button on my iMessage, I took a second to stare at the white ceiling of our hotel room, completely ignoring the presence of Miss Cambodia.

The coronation is just around the corner. I do not wish to disappoint my people. They believe in me way too much. It overwhelms me.

@veenapran
GIRLLLLLLL!!!!!! ISN'T IT LIKE LATE IN THE EVENING IN EL SALVADOR?
We miss you! Like really! 💞

I smiled at Veena's message that is now popping up on my lockscreen display. I decided not to reply as my social energy is running low again.

I opened my Spotify app to fill my not-so-solitude time with my favorite music and decided to consume the remaining hours by listening to my comfort song before the day starts.

(Now Playing: Seasons by Wave To Earth)

------------

A/N:
Short update before I drop another 2 updates later or tomorrow. Bigyan ko lang exposure ang OG ship ko na RaManda kasi I miss them :(