Metal Links

Anntonia's POV:

"I am feeling so nervous!" Fabienne exclaimed.

I looked at Max, who had been staring at me earlier, as if warning me not to do something she wouldn't like.

For whatever reason, the organization grouped us into eight, including me, Fabienne, Michelle, and five more ladies.

Ignoring Max, I turned my attention towards Fabienne, discreetly shooting glances at Michelle, who was beside her and typing something for what I believe is her broadcast channel.

I secretly pouted when she never met my gazes. She's doing magic, I must say. She made me extra needy for her attention since last night.

I saw how Fabienne pushed Michelle using her elbow. Michelle looked confusedly in Fabienne's direction, but her eyes landed on mine. I smiled at her and looked away, trying not to react because that simple eye contact made me feel things.

I flinched when a notification made my phone ring. I stopped myself from looking at the woman who just messaged me on Instagram because Max would notice if I did.

@michelledee
Too weak, Porsild.
Show her how you look at me.
You did more intense than that last night.
🤔🤔🤔

I pretended to scratch my face lightly just to cover my face because she's making me laugh. She's been teasing me about the kiss we shared last night.

I just want to shut her up by you know how.

@porxild
You're full of yourself 🙄
Just listen to the staff, will you?
You're too focused on me.

@michelledee
I was listening

@porxild
From what I can see from my peripheral,
You're not.

@michelledee
I did something palaaa
Do you think I can sneak in your room?
Wanna show it to you before the night :(

Luckily, my hair was down. I moved my head so my hair could cover my cheeks because I can't stop smiling. I am trying so hard not to be obvious but I am not really good at pretending like it doesn't affect me.

@porxild
I'll come to you instead
Wait for me there 😘

@michelledee
Can't wait to show you what I did!!
You'll love it 🫡

@porxild
I'm curious. What is it?

@michelledee
It's a secret
Basta it's for you

The way she sends her messages makes me curious about how she looks while typing them. I slowly looked at her, seated beside Fabienne, and found myself falling for her even more when I saw her smiling widely at her phone. Her eyes looked so small because of her smiles.

I turned off my phone because the staff announced that Miss Paula would be talking about something.

We spent the rest of the past minutes listening to Miss Paula's advice and wisdom. She had already announced during the NatCos show that she'd be stepping out of her position after a good 25 years. As a pageant fan, it made me sad too. Paula made a significant impact on building the Miss Universe brand for so long.