Chapter I

{Iā tresy iksis āzma}
{A son is born}

𖤍 105AC - Runestone 𖤍

"You need to push, my Lady!" Spoke the midwife as she sat between Lady Rhea's legs.

It had been quite a surprise, if not a miracle, when the Lady had announced her pregnancy. Quickly rumors had spread that the woman had laid with a man that wasn't her husband, Daemon Targaryen.

The Targaryen man was sent to Runestone, once again, by his brother, and to cease all the nagging and endless bothering. He had laid with the woman he hated and was simply lucky to get her with child on the first try.

"FUCK!" Rhea screamed as she pushed. Whilst she laid screaming and bleeding on the birthing bed, she had been informed that her husband was seen in the local brothel. Though it did not surprise her, she felt an even deeper hatred for the man than she already did.

The pregnancy had been horrible enough. The constant sickness, the rashes that seemingly spread everywhere, and by far the worst part was this, the feeling as if her bones were breaking underneath her skin as the babe forced itself out of her.

»»———- 𖤍 ———-««

"It is said that whever a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."

"Congratulations, my Lady! A healthy boy!"

»»———- 𖤍 ———-««

For the first time in years Rhea was crying. There was not a single bone or vein in her body that felt love for the infant they shoved into her arms. Nine months she had spent carrying the boy, yet felt nothing for it.

He was crying loudly, but she couldn't care. She held out the screaming babe to the midwife, who looked a little confused, but didn't question it. The other midwives in the room, along with the maester shared a concerned look.

"Did you have a name in mind, my Lady?" Spoke the maester timidly, the midwives had managed to get the babe to stop crying. The air was unbearably tense and everyone felt as if taking a breath at the wrong time would result in the Lady Royce using them as target practice.

"Rolan." Was all the woman said as she pointedly ignored the child, who was grunting a little as he took his first real breaths.

"Now get him away from me." She spoke sternly. The midwife hurriedly did as she was told and left. None of them had taken a good look at the boy, not wanting to be the ones to confirm if the boy was a bastard.

The boy was coughing softly as it got used to breathing, catching the woman's attention. Her eyes widened as she saw tuffs of both silver and brown hair atop of the babe's head. He was staring at her too, his eyes both contained two colors. Lady Rhea's brown and the lavender of the Targaryen's.

He was most definitely not a bastard concluded the midwife. There were a few people that were waiting for the announcement of the birth. Once seeing the midwife carrying a small bundle in her arms they immediately surrounded her.

They were eager to see if the child was a bastard. To their absolute surprise, he wasn't and soon they dispersed, whispering and glancing at the small bundle from a distance.

Once Daemon heard that his child was born he climbed atop of Caraxes and left. Rhea was still being stitched up when she recieved news that her husband had left for King's Landing. It resulted in her physically getting up from the bed and breaking every piece of furniture in the room.