Chapter III

{Iā tresy is naejot se dārys}
{A son goes to the king}

𖤍107AC - Runestone𖤍

"Do you intend to travel by road or by sea, my Lady?" Questioned Maester Melvan as he watched servants pack clothing.

"By road, I don't want to be anywhere near Dragonstone or Driftmark. Gods know there's more dragonseed than there's villagers on those shit stained islands." Muttered the Bronze Bitch.

The maester's eyebrows raised and his lips curled in an awkward manner of agreement. He had little fondness for any that had locks of cursed silver or with those smug lavender colored orbs.

While the two were discussing the means of travel to the capital, Rolan was in his room and watching with big eyes as his clothes and toys were packed.

For the past few hours the entirety of the castle was bustling. Maids were running around carrying many clothes and sheets, guards carrying trunks to and fro chambers to the carriage that sat in the courtyard.

"Do you know where we're going?" Rolan asked the maid in a whisper as if asking about something that would get him in trouble. The maid smiled at the cubby cheeked boy.

"To Kings Landing, to see your family, little Lord." She answered, her tone also in a whisper. Rolan's mouth turned into an 'o' shape as he nodded his head with understanding, though the maid could see that he had no clue who or what she was talking about.

"Why is my family not here?" The girl froze where she was seated, unable to find a good reason that would explain it to the little boy.

"W-well, your family is very busy with very important stuff, s-so..." The maid trailed off, trying to figure out what she could say.

"They don't want to see me?" Sighing in defeat at what the boy said, the maid shook her head and offered him a meek smile.

"That's not it, little lord. I am sure that your family wants to see you, but they're very busy!" Her words were optimistic and brought a little bit of ease in the little Targaryen, who nodded in understanding.

The girl then asked if he wanted to help with packing stuff, easily getting the boy to pick up items and hand them to her after saying that the sooner they finished packing the sooner he could see his family.

"Do you think they'll be happy to see me?" Questioned Rolan as he handed the maid some of his dragon figures. The girl giggled and nodded her head, trying not to let the happy mood the boy was in diminish.

"I'm certain they will! You're a treat to be with, just be sure not to trick them." The maid joked. The boy had a big grin on his face, no doubt he had some pranks planned in his mind and didn't quite care who the victims were.

A few hours later, Rolan was cheerfully waving at everybody that remained in Runestone. Half his body hanging out of the wheelhouse and waving his hand wildly caused many giggles to erupt from the inhabitants of Runestone and all those visiting the castle.

"Now we will have plenty of time to start teaching you the basics of High Valyrian!" Spoke Melvan with an excited nod. Despite having no love for the Targaryens, he had to admit that High Valyria sparked an interest in him and it was wise to stay on the good side of those with fire breathing beasts.

Rolan could recognize the look in the man's eyes, clearly the elderly man was eager to start speaking of things that Rolan didn't want to hear, and at that moment Rolan knew that this trip was not as fun as he hoped it to be.

𖤍 107AC - Kings Landing 𖤍

"Your Grace, we received a letter from Runestone." Spoke a man wearing a rather basic looking doublet, yet expensive chain to the somewhat weary looking King.