Chapter IV

{Iā tresy meets iā dārilaros}
{A son meets a prince}

𖤍 107AC - Kings Landing, the courtyard of the Red Keep 𖤍

"Dear brother, I don't appreciate the trick you pulled." Hissed Daemon at the King's side. He had returned to the Red Keep expecting a warm welcome, only to be locked in his chamber and kept under guard till he was dragged to the courtyard, where he heard that his beloved lady wife was a few moments away from riding through the gate.

"How was I supposed to get you to stay here? Or even come here? If I told you that Lady Rhea would be coming here with your son." Hissed Viserys back as he held a fake smile on his face.

Alicent and Rhaenyra stood next to each other, Aegon being held in the arms of a wetnurse, and watched the King argue with the Prince. They all stood in the courtyard and pretended to be happy to be there, Aegon didn't pretend. The babe was screaming up a storm in the wetnurse's arms, to a point Viserys ordered the wetnurse to return to the nursery.

Before Daemon could utter another word, two guards carrying Royce banners rode into the courtyard. Followed by Lady Royce and a wheelhouse.

They all silently watched as the lady dismounted, wearing and displaying her bronze armor with pride. Behind the door to the wheelhouse opened and a maester stepped out, followed by a small boy.

The boy was clearly stubborn as he clambered down the steps of the wheelhouse. The boy's curly brown and white locks blowing in the wind, his eyes a bit narrowed as the locks fell into his face.

Viserys felt as if he was staring at his own brother. The boy despite his few brown locks and partially brown eyes, looked like Daemon.

"Lady Royce, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the Red Keep." Greeted the Targaryen man politely, he nudged his brother who rolled his eyes.

"My King, I thank you for the welcome, but I did not come here to exchange pleasantries."

The air immediately grew tense at the lady's words. Daemon wasn't surprised at the woman's attitude, but was curious at what the woman wanted.

Rolan had made way to his mother's side, not paying attention to what was happening in the slightest. He was looking around with his mouth open in awe, craning his neck as if trying to see the highest tower of the Red Keep with little succes.

The queen and princess watched the boy with wide eyes, he looked absolutely adorable. Dressed in a green tunic with a sleeveless black leather doublet and a chain with a charm hanging off of it.

"I have come to let my son claim what is rightfully his."

»»---Time Skip---««

"My Lady, I cannot simply give your son such a thing." Spoke Viserys as if it was no big matter.

Hours had passed since the courtyard. The King had told the woman that they will discuss it after she and her accompanied had settled into their rooms.

Then he invited her to the court, where he sat himself on the Iron Throne and told her that she was welcome to speak. He had hoped that perhaps the many eyes of the court would detere the Lady of Runestone from speaking in confidence.

"How so? Lady Laena and Lord Laenor have both been given eggs at birth, they are less Targaryen than my son will ever be!" The court turned to look at the King, eager to see his response to the words of truth the woman said.